Blue Diamond Support Group (closed thread)

Options
Hey Ladies! I thought I'd start a thread for all of us Blue Diamonds to get to know each other.Through this thread we can seak support and form strategy to keep our team motivated and earning the most rings!

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    My name is Kasi. I live in Salem Oregon and manage a small corner bar. I have 4 kids, a dog (boxer), and a husband (really big kid:wink: ) so I tend to keep pretty busy. We like to go camping, paintballing, swimming, ball games, snowboarding, to the beach... basically anything outdoors and together.

I am currently stuggling with a plateau. I hit 155lbs and get stuck everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Hey fellow Blue Diamonds! I'm Erin, 34 (will be 35 in Feb.!!) married for 8 years and I have 2 beautiful daughters 10 (almost 11) and 4 (will be 5 on Monday!). I'm more or less a stay at home mom for the time being, I was helping a friend of mine with her ebay store at her house until we lost one of the cars back in June, will be hopefully going back there in the next couple of weeks. Had a bit of a rough month, I had shoulder surgery a month ago so my activity level was very minimal for a while and I didn't keep up with what I was eating. Didn't too bad though thankfully, but I am feeling much better and started walking and watching what I eat and logging it as well.

Very excited for this coming month with all of you lovely ladies :wink: Now let's kick some butt Blue Diamonds!!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I am currently stuggling with a plateau. I hit 155lbs and get stuck everytime. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

What kind of exercising do you do? Is it all cardio or do you do strength training as well?
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Thought this would be cute for us if you wanted for your signature...

BlueDiamondssignature.jpg
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello Blues!

I'm Amanda. I live in Edinburgh, Scotland with my fiance and work as an Assistant Case Manager for people with brain injuries. I'm originally Australian, but have been in the UK for 4.5 years now. I originally trained as a physiotherapist so if you have any injury queries fire away! :laugh:

Kasi - are you making sure that your measurements of food are accurate? And are you giving your body rest days? You may need to up your exercise AND your calories? I haven't got low enough to hit a real plateau yet. :cry: Oh, but I cannot wait to get there...

Awesome little logo, after I've done my run and made dinner I'll set about copying it and changing my profile pic.

:flowerforyou:
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    Hello blues! Thanks for the awesome logo...........I am hoping that I added it correctly and it shows up. I am Rebekah, I live in South Carolina with my husband and son. We have a dog (also a boxer) named Romeo. I am in my last 7 weeks of nursing school and very excited about finishing! I wish you all the best!!
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Starleng....I've also hit a plateau at 152. I'm trying to shake my routine with different foods and exercises, but so far no luck.

I live in Oklahoma! Anyone close? I just turned 40 on the 29th. I'll be married 4 yrs to my second husband this next leap year. Yes, we planned it that way. Silly, I know for him, because I get two presents on the other years. :laugh: I have a 13 yr daughter and a 20 yr old step-daughter. I also have two dogs and two households. My husband decided last year that we needed to set-up our retirement place, so we got a place at the lake. We love everything outdoors as long as it's close to water. I struggle a lot with both places and working two jobs as I help him on the side. He's an auditor. FUN FUN FUN. Not! At least we don't do tax audits. :wink:

Nice to meet everyone. :flowerforyou:
    Starleng
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    OK...I feel silly, but does anyone know how to add the picture without adding it to the ticker? Thanks!
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    OK...I feel silly, but does anyone know how to add the picture without adding it to the ticker? Thanks!

Check out the week one thread..........I asked the same question and someone posted a link telling me how to do it!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Irish, Mostly cardio, running mostly. I have added some strength training recently but nothing too dramatic.

How does everyone feel about our first weigh-in? I posted mine yesterday because my weekends are usually pretty ugly. I was down 1.4lbs:drinker:
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    April, I know I had seen on the doctors talk show that adding strength training once you hit your plateau will help finish the weight loss, maybe try adding more of it in with your workouts a few times a week??

As for my weigh ins haven't done mine yet, I had weighed myself yesterday and saw plus 2 lbs so wanted to wait, then today I started my TOM so that explains the 2 lbs, we'll see what it's like tomorrow morning. Congrats on the loss!
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Irish, Mostly cardio, running mostly. I have added some strength training recently but nothing too dramatic.

How does everyone feel about our first weigh-in? I posted mine yesterday because my weekends are usually pretty ugly. I was down 1.4lbs:drinker:

I weighed in Friday morning (regular day) and was down 2.4! :drinker:

April have you added in sprints to your running? It will make you faster overall, works the muscles a bit differently and definitely gets the heart rate up! From what I have read from the dietitian I am friends with on here, maybe take a closer look at your food measurements and remember that the calories burnt are only an estimate, so if you're fitter you may be burning less than what MFP estimates. :sad: Also when you get lighter it takes less calories to do the same activities :sad: It's like mother nature doesn't WANT us to lose weight! :grumble: :grumble:
  • Crooks0204
    Options
    I can't wait to see how our Blue Diamonds did this week with the weigh-in. I was down 2.5 so I am very pleased!! I hope you all did well!
    Rebekah
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kim and I'm a Blue Diamond too! I didn't even see that this thread existed. I'm 39 yrs old and started this new life of mine on July 12th. I was 266lbs (I'm 5'6) and as of Friday I'm 224lb. My goal is first to get to 100lbs lost and then inch my way down from there. I would LOVE to be a size 8!!! I have 3 kids and am a single mom. My youngest is 4 and was born 13 weeks premature and has MANY health issues so I only work part time. Nice to meet everyone!!!! Keep shining!!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Whoo Hoooo!!!! We won this week! So we get to add diamond rings to our signature right? Lustris didn't mention that!?
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I was slow to post here! Life has been hectic! WTG everyone on the awesome losses!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Oooh La La.... Look at all those rings my partner has! You rocked it lady!

So, I'm taking into concideration everyone's advice on breaking this f'n plateau! I'm sick of it! I seriously need to start tracking my food better. Everytime I do MFP tells me in 5 weeks I'll be somewhere in the 140's but then I don't track for a few days and mess myself all up. I'm slowly fitting in some strength training and my damn dog seams to think the sprint thing is an awesome idea when we go running so I guess I need to take him more often to serve as my "trainer"!

How is everyone doing?