I need a new me!

Options
Hi everyone!
Well heres to today and the beginning of a long journey I have been putting off for years. I finally took a look at myself in the mirror and was horrified with what i'm seeing. I didn't think that I looked that big. I'm 41 and I just had a baby 10 months ago and has been fighting the bulge for years Now I have the excess baby fat. I can't believe I wasted half of my life being fat. I figured since I was a dance teacher exercised everyday I was toned..well the dancing days are over as of the birth. Depression really takes a toll on your body. So heres to today and the new me waiting to emerge. I know I can do it this time. I have to see my children grow up. Anyone else a new mom?

Replies

• dragonfly828
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Well heres to today and the beginning of a long journey I have been putting off for years. I finally took a look at myself in the mirror and was horrified with what i'm seeing. I didn't think that I looked that big. I'm 41 and I just had a baby 10 months ago and has been fighting the bulge for years Now I have the excess baby fat. I can't believe I wasted half of my life being fat. I figured since I was a dance teacher exercised everyday I was toned..well the dancing days are over as of the birth. Depression really takes a toll on your body. So heres to today and the new me waiting to emerge. I know I can do it this time. I have to see my children grow up. Anyone else a new mom?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome. not a new mom (now THAT would be a news story). But still hoping this site does for you what it has and is doing for so many others.
  • dragonfly828
    Options
    Thank you so much! looks like there is a lot of support here.. which I need.
  • hazeleyes
    Options
    Hi I'm 45 yrs old and a mother of three and a proud gramma of nine . I have been fighting for so many yrs to get rid of my weight , and so far nothing. I have tried every diet that you can think of and zero. Now I found this site and I really hope this does help me very much I have told myself it is time for a change and now I'm going to do it and no looking back:smile:
  • dragonfly828
    Options
    Wow congrats. on being a grandma! I have also tried everything I also bought that 6 week body makeover from the infermercials. It did work the 1st. week I actually lost 10 lbs. the key is to eat small amounts every 2 hours. Sometimes I just dont feel like eating chicken at 5 in the morning lol! Everything works great the 1st. week but i get frustrated that the weight doesnt fall off fast enough and I get discouraged. Oh well trying this for now.. I need the support