Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Until next time

MrsDreamer1974
MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am on this mission to walk a mile on the Elliptical at the gym. Well the first time I walked 0.50 and today I made it to 0.80 ( Good job me!!). My husband had to laugh at me as we were leaving because I looked at the “ mean machine “ and told it…” Until next time you horrible machine, I WILL defeat you “. And I’m not kidding when I say I heard it laugh at me. So come 1:30 tomorrow….ITS ON!!!!!!

By the way, I do need to ask someone…Is it ok for my heart rate to get clear up to 180 and stay there until I get done??

Replies

• MrsDreamer1974
    So I am on this mission to walk a mile on the Elliptical at the gym. Well the first time I walked 0.50 and today I made it to 0.80 ( Good job me!!). My husband had to laugh at me as we were leaving because I looked at the “ mean machine “ and told it…” Until next time you horrible machine, I WILL defeat you “. And I’m not kidding when I say I heard it laugh at me. So come 1:30 tomorrow….ITS ON!!!!!!

By the way, I do need to ask someone…Is it ok for my heart rate to get clear up to 180 and stay there until I get done??
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    you go girl! i'm proud of ya!:drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Good luck with your battle against the evil machine. I used to feel the same way about it, but now I love it!
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    :flowerforyou: You got this, Lady! FIGHT!!!

When I powerwalk my heart rate usually gets around 150-160 beats. I'd double check with your doctor though just to be safe. Everyone is different so please take care of yourself!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Way to go!. You have set a goal that you are going to achieve soon! Kick that darn machine's butt!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    are you wearing a hrm? or going by what the machine says? altogether, that sounds high as far as being in the fat-burning zone. BEST to get your dr's opinion.
    be well!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I've been known to utter "bring it" to the elliptical when i'm doing one of the "programs" on it & I see that it is going up. :laugh: I hate that thing & people probably think I'm nuts. LOL Good job! I'm confident that you'll make it a mile next time! WOO HOO!
  • MrsDreamer1974
    :laugh: It's to funny that I lay in my bed at night thinking about the darn thing. :mad: My husband just gets a kick out of me fighting with it. But its ok...if fighting with that machine keeps me going then im ganna keep fighting LOL.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Keep up the good work and before you know it you will complaining you cant get your heart rate above 150!!:laugh:

I am very proud of you for climbing Mount Everest!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
This discussion has been closed.