Options
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

Ladies take note of this!!!!

Naughty!!! :wink:
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT of personal stories, some have posted links to threads. If you search the forums you can find positive and negative.

And FWIW, it's piqued, not peeked.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

Yeah cause having a vag makes us all stupid.
  • dancer4275
    Options
    There are a LOT of personal stories, some have posted links to threads. If you search the forums you can find positive and negative.

And FWIW, it's piqued, not peeked.

ahahaha! I realized how I spelled it after I posted!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

I think he was going more for some sexual innuendo there. It was a stretch.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

"It was a stretch"...Thats what she said! (sorry lol)
  • Juleeroch
    Juleeroch Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OMG - You're 5'8" and you want to get to 105 lbs !! I wouldnt imagine you need to lose weight. I'm so glad this "diet" isnt in England. It sounds dangerous.
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

"It was a stretch"...Thats what she said! (sorry lol)

Bahahahahahahahha....:laugh:
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    IF YOU WANT IT FAST
    IT WILL NOT LAST.

Love that quote!
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My mom is doing the HCG diet now. I am doing it the MFP way-naturally. She goes to bed starving every night, i do not. She eats the same chicken, green beans and apples daily, i eat what I want in moderation. She has to give herself injections and I don't. She drank soda water last night with stevia and got sick. She is losing fast because she is starving herself, I am losing nicely too but I will keep it off.

I think I'm the winner here.

You are indeed the winner! haha! Thanks! That's more of the information I was looking for!
    So if it's more anecdotes that you're after, here's mine. I have had clients (I"m a trainer) try this. Because my code of ethics require me to limit my nutrition advice to very general guidelines, I have voiced my concerns, but I can't reccommend anything else. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE I've known that has tried this, has gained the weight back!!!!!!!!! And I've known at least 20 people who have tried (who would dare tell me) EVERYONE swore to me, at first, they felt better in the beginning. (Well, yes because they were eating too much sugar and fat before) And EVERYONE I know who has tried this quit exercising or drastically altered what they did. I am not exagerrating. This is not a good idea!
  • dancer4275
    Options
    My mom is doing the HCG diet now. I am doing it the MFP way-naturally. She goes to bed starving every night, i do not. She eats the same chicken, green beans and apples daily, i eat what I want in moderation. She has to give herself injections and I don't. She drank soda water last night with stevia and got sick. She is losing fast because she is starving herself, I am losing nicely too but I will keep it off.

I think I'm the winner here.

You are indeed the winner! haha! Thanks! That's more of the information I was looking for!
    So if it's more anecdotes that you're after, here's mine. I have had clients (I"m a trainer) try this. Because my code of ethics require me to limit my nutrition advice to very general guidelines, I have voiced my concerns, but I can't reccommend anything else. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE I've known that has tried this, has gained the weight back!!!!!!!!! And I've known at least 20 people who have tried (who would dare tell me) EVERYONE swore to me, at first, they felt better in the beginning. (Well, yes because they were eating too much sugar and fat before) And EVERYONE I know who has tried this quit exercising or drastically altered what they did. I am not exagerrating. This is not a good idea!

Thank you! Yes, I was wondering about whether or not people were able to keep it off. This info helps.
  • SexSeaCow
    SexSeaCow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please don't do this diet.
    Aside from the dangers of eating only 500 calories a day, and aside from the fact that a crash diet like this will only give you temporary results, look into what HCG actually is. A fertility hormone?!?!?! Ugh. I don't know, maybe it's worth it to you, but there is no way I'd want to put something like that into my body to lose a few pounds.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Thank you! Yes, I was wondering about whether or not people were able to keep it off. This info helps.

To the OP: I posted a link to a topic on MFP about people who have had bad experiences with HCG, a link to a news article and a link to a blog here on MFP.

Please, if you haven't done it already. Go and read those links. You will get all the information you want (particularly in the topic about people who have had bad experiences). :flowerforyou:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You will be tired and crabby. No one will want to be around you and you will look like a balloon that lost its air. It will be horrible. Good luck! My dad, brother-in-law, uncle and aunt did it. They've gained it bag and they seriously look like a balloon that losts its air.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Dr. Oz? Go to his website and look up this topic. He had a whole episode dedicated to it. :)

Personally, I think Dr. Oz is an idiot.
  • 313telenurse
    Options
    Your body actually goes into starvation mode if you eat any less than 1200 calories per day. I always wondered how I was so chubby when I hardly ate any food, that's why. During starvation mode, you will hold onto the fat making it harder to lose.
  • 313telenurse
    Options
    ... not to mention you cannot possibly continue with that sort of diet, so once you start to eat more again you will gain it all back if you do lose anything.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    just want to know if it's a safe, harmless diet before I actually start. Thanks!

No. Of course, there are people out there who have managed to starve the weight off without getting sick. Um, yay? You might be one of them or you might be the one who has half her hair fall out and collapses in the middle of the grocery store. I'd prefer not to take that chance myself.

Not to make light of this seriously deranged diet plan but.... if you're eating 500 calories a day WHY would you need to go to a grocery store?
  • dancer4275
    Options

To the OP: I posted a link to a topic on MFP about people who have had bad experiences with HCG, a link to a news article and a link to a blog here on MFP.

Please, if you haven't done it already. Go and read those links. You will get all the information you want (particularly in the topic about people who have had bad experiences). :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I have not seem them yet, but I'm checking them out now!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Not to make light of this seriously deranged diet plan but.... if you're eating 500 calories a day WHY would you need to go to a grocery store?

:laugh: Maybe she had a family who actually ate food! It was a woman's story on Dr. Oz. I think it was the grocery store, anyway. Perhaps she was picking up her apple for the day!