Should i log my weight gain?

Options
I went on vacation and i gained a few pounds. I was hoping to drop the extra lbs in a few days but no such luck. its been a month Should i log my weight gain?

So friends do you log your weight gain?

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would log it.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I log mine when it goes up for more than 2 days. I am currently battling the same 2 lb loss/gain and if it's not back down tomorrow, it gets logged. And I HATE that. I am not doing anything different, eating good, exercising, etc. And 1 day I'm up 2 lbs; the next I may be down! grrr.

In your case, I would definately log it. Log it, accept it and move on! :)
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    As you did I may wait a few days and see if I can shed the extra weight but after that I will log the gain.
  • nelson6500
    Options
    I would log it. It will probably come off but then you will have more weight loss!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    HECK NO...it will be gone soon! Just get back on track and the extra weight will be gone in no time!
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just weighed in and put in my gain of 100 grams (0.2 pounds)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yup - it's only fair that you log it to yourself. It's about accountability - being honest with yourself will help you over time :)
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My first answer was going to be: Of course. The web site is a tool, and if you don't put the information in, then you're not going to get anything useful back.

I will qualify that a little bit, though ... If it is going to demoralize you, then don't. If you can see it and move on, great. If you can't, then try to forget it.

But, yes, I am committed to logging my weight every Saturday morning no matter what the news is.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i log it all
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just own it. Life is full of ups and downs. :flowerforyou:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I often find that what people consider a gain in weight is ONLY fluctuation..... which, BTW, the closer you get to your goal, the more severe the difference/fluctuation. That said....

If you have honestly gained weight... clothes are confirming it and all, then I think it would be to your benefit to log the gain. It does something to your brain to see it in writing....like it is 'official'.... where you become more determined and motivated to be firm in your weight loss efforts. As long as your eye and brain registers the last 'loss'.... you get comfortable and more laxed. Well... that's my take on things... that's how my brain operates, anyway.
  • vking713
    vking713 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would say yes also. I weigh once a week and will post regardless as it helps to hold me accountable
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I personally don't because it's usually something that comes right back off a week or two later. But if it's been a month, not sure.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    My profile is private..but I weigh my self each day from July this year when I started to do this properly. Each day I weigh myself and I put my wieght in my profile.

this way I can look back at changes over the days, I have had a couple of short break holidays where I have put weight on and a business trip where I put weight on. Even though it is just a couple of pounds each time.

It keeps me on track. I dont log it in the `official weigh in`

Out of interest I got stuck for about 3.5 weeks and then lost 3lbs ...so just keep on keeping on x
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Hmm tricky, probably doesn't really matter either way, but I guess for me if it hadn't budged in a week I'd log it. On the plus side your calorie burn increases the heavier you are .... thin silver lining, but a silver lining none the less. ; )

Best of luck with your journey.....one day you'll look back and see how this was so far back on your ticker! :flowerforyou:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I log my weight every Friday morning, whether it's up or down. Then when you use the Report function, it actually has meaning and shows trends; especially over the long term (30+ days).
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    At one point I would have said absolutely but since I try to not be a total hypocrit I have to say that I didn't log mine 2 weeks ago. I'd started doing more strength training and I changed my settings from 1.5/week to 1/week. On top of that my best friend had passed through town on business and visited for a day and we ate out quite a bit. After all of this I was up 1.2 lbs when I weighed myself on the following Friday. I said "screw it" and didn't log it. By the next Friday I was down 2 lbs so my new rule of thumb is that I'm going to log it if it's there more than 1 week...until I have to come up with a new set of rules...again:)
  • riacurtis
    riacurtis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses everyone. I think i will log it tomorrow morning.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did, but now I wish that I hadn't. :-(