Why have all this Pals???

Options
2»

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have some too and also need to clean house!!! I also cannot see keeping pals that haven't been on in a month or more either!!
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    If you aren't happy with some of your current "friends", then just delete them. They probably won't even notice if you cut them off if they don't interact with you. I keep my friends to a minimum (of people I don't know). The only people I delete are the ones who don't know how to communicate without throwing in some fowl language on every post.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    surprisenoonecares.jpg
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think you people overthink this... I would rather comment sincerely on someone's achievements than feel forced to write a blind "Way to go!"on everything.
    *shrug*

100% agreement

....and it's not like the people that aren't commenting are taking up some kind of space or hurting your progress/motivation in some way, shape or form. Also, to me, if I was friends with someone and they made a comment on one of my achievments then I saw them make the exact same/similar generic comment on someone else's achievment that could (depending on how important the person is) put a hole in my motivation. Like aw.. its not really great that I did *insert achievment here* that person just wants people to know they're here and typing. Bogus.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think you people overthink this... I would rather comment sincerely on someone's achievements than feel forced to write a blind "Way to go!"on everything.
    *shrug*

It's not over thinking!!! Its more of a Motivation to keep going........everyone here is doing an achievement to get to thier goal no matter if its a small or big goal!!!!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You have to do what is best for you and your individual journey hon. . that is what matters. . Yes people get busy and can't always comment, but if they never comment and it bothers you I would either message them about it, or slim your list down. . We all have things that help or don't help to support us. .

Wishing you the best in your health and fitness journey,
    Jade:bigsmile:
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    yep! I have the same issue. its almost as if you are invisible at times. I have decided that I am going to clean out my list this week and delete the ones that never or rarely comment on my wall. Doesn't make sense to have pals that aren't really acting like pals.
  • dolphin21
    Options
    Thanks everyone for yor responds, yes I'm going just clean my list and find some new friends:smile::smile:
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Even if they don't pat you on the head and offer you magic 0 calorie cookies, you know you're doing something good. I find it motivating enough just to see that my friends on here are exercising and doing well, it makes me want to push myself harder. So I don't really mind if they don't talk to me. :tongue:
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    *shrug*

It's not over thinking!!! Its more of a Motivation to keep going........everyone here is doing an achievement to get to thier goal no matter if its a small or big goal!!!!!

Exactly!! what could seem so small to one person could be a HUGE accomplishment for someone else. Just hearing someone say Great Job!! Shows me that theyre acknowledging that im doing SOMETHING to fix myself. Even if it is a generic comment, they couldve just over looked it. they took the time to say something and that says a lot to me:)
  • AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have some friends that are consistent - they always post and support, even from different time zones! I also have other friends that are only here for the social aspect and I also love hanging out with them sometimes too! I don't think there should be rules on how to interact with your friends...we are all here for different reasons, so I think the key is to stick with like minded individuals, and your likely to enjoy your journey more :-) Good luck with your goals!
  • dolphin21
    Options
    I have some friends that are consistent - they always post and support, even from different time zones! I also have other friends that are only here for the social aspect and I also love hanging out with them sometimes too! I don't think there should be rules on how to interact with your friends...we are all here for different reasons, so I think the key is to stick with like minded individuals, and your likely to enjoy your journey more :-) Good luck with your goals!

Yes, true I respect that!! I guess I need other friends that are true with their journey and not here to chit chat!!! Lol:laugh:
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like to know if I'm the only one having this thing bout having all this Pals, but some of them just don't support you at all!!! I mean commenting on your post of Exercising, or anything to do with your journey!!!!! Yes there is some Pals that have to work or just don't have time!! Understand able, but I'm talking bout the ones that just write on their wall bout blah blahblah, but can't even say one word on your progress!!!! Just saying!!!!! Does anyone else has pals like this???? I'm bout to kick some Pals off my list!!!

I understand what you mean. Especially people who start threads like "I need support." Lol. Dont let others immaturity bring you down!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    A lot of people find that their friends and family weary of their talk about weight loss. Having MFP friends (I consider the app my pal, the people are my friends) gives you a core group of people with similar goals - some have been where you are now already, you may have already been where they are going.

It is possible that TODAY you won't have much connection with those friends, but there is something about a shared journey that creates a bond. I truly feel connected to many of my MFP friends, and THEY don't get tired if I say 'I lost another pound' or 'UGH, I am craving chocolate like crazy' or 'How do I bust through this plateau?" No, they celebrate my successes, rally around me when I am discouraged, and even just the little comments remind me that someone out there cares that I am doing this. They keep me accountable, they share their experience and expertise and often motivate me when I'm feeling un-motivated. This can happen just from looking over someone's diary or seeing a fantastic workout they did.

Some like to have tons of friends and don't care much about demographics. Others are looking for support from people their own age, or gender, or faith, medical issues or diet style etc. Look into your heart to discover what YOU need, and what you have to offer as well - I don't think you need a ton of friends on here, but I am convinced that having at least a few makes a profound difference in how well you do. You don't have to go it alone.
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    *shrug*

100% agreement

....and it's not like the people that aren't commenting are taking up some kind of space or hurting your progress/motivation in some way, shape or form. Also, to me, if I was friends with someone and they made a comment on one of my achievments then I saw them make the exact same/similar generic comment on someone else's achievment that could (depending on how important the person is) put a hole in my motivation. Like aw.. its not really great that I did *insert achievment here* that person just wants people to know they're here and typing. Bogus.

!00% agree with you.
  • kowai
    kowai Posts: 14
    Options
    I feel the contrary :P

I don't have a lot of pals and only few of them send me support messages so... sadface
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    After the day I've had, this was perfect! Great response. Thanks for the laugh. :)