Snack?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a good snack food would be? Not high in Protein

Replies

• AKWhitehurst
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a good snack food would be? Not high in Protein
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    fatfree/sugarfree Jello cook and serve chocolate pudding. Top with a low cal cream and you got about 60 cal . per serving.. I love it..Use other flavors also..
  • AKWhitehurst
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention that I am allergic to nutrasweet and cant have sugar free stuff. Lucky Me:grumble:
    It makes snacking tough
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    health food stores are jam packed with healthy snacks... Tea helps curb the appetite too... Baji tea has 0 calories
  • nicole0177
    Options
    I have those lil 100 cal packs of like baked cheetos and sunchips and you can get cookies, teddy grams, gram crackers doritos and a lot more!!! There my fav snacks!!!
  • kmaloz
    kmaloz Posts: 12
    Options
    I didn't know tea helps curb the appetite...that would explain why I wasn't as hungry today. I've been on a white tea kick since about lunch.
  • hmrsimpsonzealot
    Options
    Yah Nicole! I LOVE thoes 100 calorie packs. I am a HUGE snacker. The oreo ones are the best. Helps when you crave sweets and such. Resses has one too that is terrific. Man I love thoes! :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Fruit? Baby carrots? Sliced sweet red pepper?:flowerforyou:

Why not get some nutrition and fibre with your snack. The fibre really helps keep you full.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love ry krisp crackers with a laughing cow lite cheese wedge :smile:
  • rhondababy
    Options
    I've been making a big tupperware bowl of sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (halved), yellow peppers (strips), and fresh, chopped parsley. I toss it very lightly with olive oil (like 1 tsp. for 4 cups), the juice of one lemon, fresh garlic, salt and pepper. This easily spoons into smaller containers to take with you. It's yummy in the fridge for a couple days. I find that if I have something like this pre-made I will eat way more vegetables. And you'll have an instant, healthy, colorful side dish for dinner, too!
    Today I'm going to broil zuchini, eggplant, peppers, and onions lightly brushed with olive oil, and seasoned. I will pit these in the fridge and snack on them for the next day or so.

Enjoy!
  • AKWhitehurst
    Options
    Thank you for all the good suggestions. I did go and get some of the 100 Calories pack snacks.. they are pretty good. I love Veggies so I think Im good there, I just needed something for my sweet tooth.:smile:
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter
    Celery with Laughing Cow cheese (or low fat cream cheese) and raisins (ants on a log)

Those are my two favorite right now!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Fruit fruit and more fruit.

I like to eat nectarines, cantaloupe and plums like they're going out of style. Since I eat a lot of fruit throughout the day I'm never hungry and always at my target calorie intake.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Seedless Grapes are my favourite!!