Birthday / cheat day!!!!!

Options
Ok so i have a question - everyone talks about a "cheat day" maybe once a week and I don't want to do that b/c if I have a cheat day once a week I WILL fall off the wagon, which is what happened before! So my will power is saying NO cheat days. HOWEVER my birthday is next thursday and my husband wants to take me out to dinner that Friday - cheat day? I LOVE red Lobster so we;re gonna go there - I always do the Broiled Fish - can't be that bad right?
So I guess my question is - Should I or can I have that my 1 cheat day?

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Of course you can a cheat day! My birthday was last week and I went to red lobster! Happy birthday!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday, go for it!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    You know what - itmseems that most of the people that is super succesfull on here has figured out that the occasional celebration, day of eating more is not going to undo all the good work you do all the other days..... The key is enjoying your special dinner - and then just getmright back on it ;-)
  • alwayzara
    alwayzara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went out to eat earlier this week and just looked up all the nutritional information before I went. That way I knew how much I could eat and what I wanted to eat. I also did a long run in the beginning of the day to have some extra calories. I felt like I splurged but in moderation and was happy. So plan what you want to eat before you go. Dessert included and run in the morning if you can. Happy Birthday.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ok so i have a question - everyone talks about a "cheat day" maybe once a week and I don't want to do that b/c if I have a cheat day once a week I WILL fall off the wagon, which is what happened before! So my will power is saying NO cheat days. HOWEVER my birthday is next thursday and my husband wants to take me out to dinner that Friday - cheat day? I LOVE red Lobster so we;re gonna go there - I always do the Broiled Fish - can't be that bad right?

you don't need permission for a cheat day, just eat whatever you want and get back on track the next day. 1 day will not sabotage your diet

PS

don't forget to enjoy a bunch of cheddar biscuits :)
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!! BTW - Red Lobster isn't too bad, except for the salt content. Check out their online nutrition information, you'd be surprised on a few things!

Happy Birthday in advance!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options

you don't need permission for a cheat day, just eat whatever you want and get back on track the next day. 1 day will not sabotage your diet

PS

don't forget to enjoy a bunch of cheddar biscuits :)

All of this. But, OP, if you REALLY need permission - then I completely approve of a cheat day. Signed and delivered. :wink:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    Only have it if you can resolve to forgive yourself! (Which I think you should. Celebrations should be part of life!):flowerforyou:
  • dylanandsean
    dylanandsean Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It's not that I need permission so to speak but I love the support on MFP and honesty on here! I know that if I shouldn't then I would be told the truth and say "don't ruin it". Thanks again!!! And tk u for the advanced happy birthdays!