How to log bootcamp

Options
I just started bootcamp tonight and im unsure on how to log it as i dont have a monitor.. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Replies

• spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I log my bootcamps as Circuit Training
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    I usually burn between 375-450 in 50 minutes using a heart rate monitor. You could input it as "Circuit training, General"
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    My bootcamp coach said it burns between 500-1000 calories and recommended I log it as 500. I am planning to get a monitor in a week or two... I'll let you know when I get some solid numbers?
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    My bootcamp coach said it burns between 500-1000 calories and recommended I log it as 500. I am planning to get a monitor in a week or two... I'll let you know when I get some solid numbers?

Thanks! what type of monitor are you getting and from were? I should look into that too :)
  • HarringtonS
    HarringtonS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Raw,
    Were there different, by that I mean, seperate exercises? Could you log each of them? Go to the database section for exercises and create you own.
    Good luck,
    S;-)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'd go circuit training if you're not worried about 100% accuracy - I work with a PT and basically she does boot camp / circuit style where we do rounds of various cardio/weights exercises and I call that circuit training.
  • TressaBarron
    Options

Thanks! what type of monitor are you getting and from were? I should look into that too :)

I just ordered a bodymedia armband. I found it on Amazon for $149 (on their website they're $249). I should get it this weekend, so I'll report back after I've used it a couple of days. =)
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    Hi Raw,
    Were there different, by that I mean, seperate exercises? Could you log each of them? Go to the database section for exercises and create you own.
    Good luck,
    S;-)

My bootcamp is different each day and there are several circuits of several exercises, it would be pretty tedious to log each one unfortunately. But this is a helpful idea, I didn't think of that. I just created a cardiovascular exercise in "my exercises" and input 500 calories for 60 min workout since my coach advised to just use 500 calories.
  • TressaBarron
    Options
    Ok. Today was the first day I wore my bodymedia and went to bootcamp. It reports that I burned 592 calories for 1 hour of bootcamp. I intend to track it for a couple of weeks and I will report back with an average. Hope that's helpful!
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I log bootcamp as "calisthenics, push ups, sit ups." Tried logging it as "circuit training" and came up with very close to the same calorie burn (within a couple of calories)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM to my boot camp and burn between roughly 650 and 800 calories over the hour....depending on what we are doing during the boot camp. I go as hard as I can during every part.