ALMOST THERE!!!

Options
So...I m almost there!!! I am still 150...but I have definently lost the inches!! My goal weight is 140...and I am definently on track to see tht by the end of March!I just can't seem to lose the pounds...what is goin on??? Does anyone have tips for the stomach area...I just need to firm up!!! I HATE IT!!!

Thank you!!!
AMY

Replies

• abrandenberger
    Options
    So...I m almost there!!! I am still 150...but I have definently lost the inches!! My goal weight is 140...and I am definently on track to see tht by the end of March!I just can't seem to lose the pounds...what is goin on??? Does anyone have tips for the stomach area...I just need to firm up!!! I HATE IT!!!

Thank you!!!
    AMY
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    cardio to burn the fat, then the plank is probably the best move for all abs.
  • erawli07
    erawli07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cardio and a pilates class,
  • ladyjh578
    Options

curious!?!?!?!?
    What is the plank???
  • TinaM
    TinaM Posts: 13
    Options
    "Plank" is just the top of a push-up (arms below shoulders, core firm, toes on floor, heels pushing back), held for a few seconds at a time to start with, longer as you get stronger. If your wrists hurt, you can be on your forearms. If your core is not strong enough, begin with your knees on the floor til you build up strength - you need to be strong and firm through the core to do this without hurting your lower back.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options

I completely agree with that one! You can do them for your sides also. HARD work!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, unfortunately there is no way to target fat loss. But you can firm up the abs, and once the fat is gone, ab work will shine through.

Planks, side planks, hanging knee lifts, leg lifts (for the lower ab muscles), and an exercise ball all work wonders for the core. You can Iso delts with a machine too if you like, but that's more for the lowre back and side then the stomach. You can do reverse crunches if you like, but be very wary of crunches of any kind because they can wreck your back if your not careful.

here is a link to plank instructions.
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm

this is also a good one.

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_4.htm