Egg Whites and Oatmeal!

Options
Does anyone else mix scambled egg whites in with their oatmeal? I told a friend this today and she looked completely disgusted.

come on people, make me feel normal again!

Replies

• emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    my brother does, i dont like the look though
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    hahaha ... mm I eat em separate but maybe should try em together.. but I like my oatmeal very cinnamony and my eggs peppery lol so that might make me hurl.. haha :) but thats funny are they good together??
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I looooove them together! I add a 1/4 cup of cary's sugar free syrup and it is heaven to me!
  • mountainmojo34
    mountainmojo34 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    YUCK!
  • skinnydream115
    Options
    well it wouldnt hurt to try it.. haa I will maybe saturday or sunday ha
  • Jimcella
    Options
    I do. I sometimes do scramble but recently I've kept them sunny side up. One whole egg and one egg white. I mix them and add sea salt. Oh yeah sometimes i mix them with maple and brown sugar oatmeal for the sweet and salty fix. Now I'm the one whose gonna get those funny looks:)
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I attempted to make it yesterday, with fruit and cinnamon. Was absolutely horrid. Never again.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Typically I would try it and then let you know, but I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal unless it comes mixed in with raisins, flour, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, baking powder...
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Does anyone else mix scambled egg whites in with their oatmeal? I told a friend this today and she looked completely disgusted.

come on people, make me feel normal again!

I put the whole egg in....... love the runny yolk mixed with the oatmeal
  • atag2011
    atag2011 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I totally do this!
  • Thaea
    Thaea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I put almond butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in my oatmeal!

I've even tried cocoa powder and maple syrup....you don't taste the maple flavour, just the chocolate. Makes you feel like your cheating :o)
  • kmcrey87
    Options
    well it wouldnt hurt to try it.. haa I will maybe saturday or sunday ha

Let me know if you do and what you think!
  • kmcrey87
    Options
    I'm intrigued-do you cook them together? Or mix together after they're cooked?

I cook the egg white and the oatmeal separate then mix together.
  • kmcrey87
    Options
    I totally do this!

YAY! What else do you add to yours?
  • kmcrey87
    Options
    I do. I sometimes do scramble but recently I've kept them sunny side up. One whole egg and one egg white. I mix them and add sea salt. Oh yeah sometimes i mix them with maple and brown sugar oatmeal for the sweet and salty fix. Now I'm the one whose gonna get those funny looks:)

I put maple in mine too! I may have to try it with the yolk tomorrow....
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I eat boild egg whites and oatmeal every day for breafast. I dont mix them but I find myself putting them both in my mouth at the same time anyway (sts)... maybe it would be easier just to mix them! I'll try it today :D
  • JanineSturniolo
    JanineSturniolo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I totally do. I make my oats...then at the end add two egg whites. I love it....sometimes I add half a banana too, or PB. I think it just makes them creamy.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I mash up a banana, add dry oatmeal, add egg then cook it up like a pancake...serve with maple syrup, yum!
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ewww that sounds nasty
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't go there :sick: