Skinny Cow products

Options
Wanted to get some opinions on the Skinny Cow candy products. I bought a few bags of the Dreamy Clusters today which look like a turtle. One bag has 5 clusters and is 120 calories. I'm a major candy/sweet freak so I'm looking for some low calorie eats. I also bought a bag of sugar-free 5 flavor LifeSavers and a bag of sugar-free Jolly Ranchers. Any suggestions on low cal treats for my sweet tooth. I've done the Jello thing. Thanks.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar-free pudding. Found in the grocery refrigerated section near yogurt.
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i am interested in this too. i bought some of those the other day. the heavenly crisp bars are really good too. they are 110cals.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I eat the Skinny Cow stuff all the time. All of their products are good. You can do the 100-cal snack packs, but I have heard it suggested that it is probably cheaper to portion your stuff out at home, if you can contain yourself. I like the Fiber One bars and brownies too. I have a big sweet tooth, but I would probably be remiss if I didn't at least make a suggestion that you curb your sweet cravings with fruit. Cherries, strawberries, and grapes are all very good low cal options to get you through a sweets craving.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Here in the uk we can get little chocolate biscuits called animal biscuits. They're a shortbread type thing with choclate on one side and shaped like an animal. They come in min bags of 92 cals each, perfect for with a cup of tea :)
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love Skinny Cow stuff! My daughter loves the heavenly crisp candies too :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar-free pudding. Found in the grocery refrigerated section near yogurt.

Oh yeah! I do this too. 60 calories for the banana fudge supreme... nom, nom, nom.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've only tried a couple of the Skinny Cow icecream products...my weakness is icecream! I'd try the candy, but I haven't seen it at my grocery store. You do need to watch the quantity of sugar free products you eat in one sitting...can sometimes give you the runs. :sick:
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE Skinny Cow fan! I love their Heavenly Bars. They have one that is Peanut Butter and one that is Milk Chocolate. They are only 110 calories per-bar. Those are my go-to chocolate crave! But i you want something that is a little bit more for you then I would try the Eas Advantedge Carb Control bars! I had the peanut butter one the other night and I fell in love with it! It really killed my Reeses Peanut Butter Cup craves! I hope this helps :D
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Skinny-Cow rules. You should buy some and then eat it, and then let us know how you like it.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I get the little mini ice cream containers and the ice cream bars for snacks. This is not skinny cow but I make them all the time... Black bean brownies.

You just drain a can of black beans (i add a little water to help keep them moist) blend them up and mix them in a bowl with any brownie mix (just the powder!) and cook like you normally would. Way healthier for you and I swear they taste great!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I LOVE skinny cow! Have you tried the vanilla chocolate sauce sunday? Only 110 cal and heart tick approved! Yum!
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Definitely watch how much you eat of the sugar free stuff. I was on a very low sugar diet for awhile (lasted a couple weeks) and I ate a lot of sugar free candy. It tore my stomach up. My Mom had the same problem. Just like with everything else, moderation is key!
  • KimberliRay
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm on the lookout for those crunch bars. I really appreciate all the great tips :smile:
  • Seagazer
    Options
    Here in the uk we can get little chocolate biscuits called animal biscuits. They're a shortbread type thing with choclate on one side and shaped like an animal. They come in min bags of 92 cals each, perfect for with a cup of tea :)

I'm not sure if I am happy to have discovered this or not!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies...
    You just drain a can of black beans (i add a little water to help keep them moist) blend them up and mix them in a bowl with any brownie mix (just the powder!) and cook like you normally would. Way healthier for you and I swear they taste great!
    As weird as this sounds, I'm intrigued! I think I'll have to try this the nex time I make brownies, and NOT tell my husband until after he tries them and likes them hehehe :bigsmile:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the skinny cow candies you mention, but I LOVE their ice-cream treats.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I get the little mini ice cream containers and the ice cream bars for snacks. This is not skinny cow but I make them all the time... Black bean brownies.

I gotta try that
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    the skinny girl candies have too much sugar and i can't refrain myself from eating more than a "portion" of a turtle cluster :)
    I recently fell in love with Werther's sugar free candies- i like the Caramel Coffee and the Candy Apple...you can eat like 5 of them for 40 calories and no sugar...
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    but i do LOVE the skinny girl ice cream sandwiches once in awhile...but i buy the generic ones from Target, lol...
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream makes dieting worth it. Totally kills my craving when I want something sweet.

The Black Bean Brownies people are talking about are also amazing! My wife hates any kind of beans and even she admitted that they were just as good as a normal brownie.