What am I doing wrong?

Options
Man ive been on this diet for 13 days and i weigh myelf and lost not even a kilo! and I have been going for walks for more then 30 mins a day. It really put me down that I just munched on so much junk:(. My calroie intake is 1600 and i usually stick to that number but i dont think its working.
What do you think Im doing wrong?

Replies

• natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    We can't see your food diary, so it's hard to say. Can you set it to public?
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i dont know if this may be your problem or not but when i first started it took me a few weeks to lose weight and then it came off easier. i do recommend measuring yourself, because that time the weight didnt go the inches did...

good luck and stick to it you can do it
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary and activity logs, it's hard to know.

But if you're truly eating "junk", then my guess would be underestimating the calories in and overestimating the calories out.
  • jkaylor
    Options
    I would cut your calorie count down by about 300 per day. Also, you should look at your bodies metabolism like a camp fire. When you start a camp fire, and put 1 big piece of wood on it, it's going to burn hot for a little while and then burn out. However, if you keep putting mall pieces of wood on it all day, it will continue to burn hot for a lot longer. So, your should be eating HEALTHY meals, 7 - 9 times per day. That will keep your metabolism going all day. Trust me, I was told that exact same story and didn't believe it. I decided to give it a try. That way of eating, and a good 30 - 45 work out per day, the pounds just melted off. Good Luck
  • victor73
    victor73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but there's a few things that could be happening:
    1. How much water are you drinking throughout the day? If you're not getting enough, it could be an issue.
    2. Are you spreading your meals out throughout the day or eating a couple of large meals? You should be eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day which will help to raise your metabolism.
    3. What is your sodium intake like? If you're intaking too much sodium, it could be causing you to hold a lot of water in your body (I just recently went to a very low sodium diet for high blood pressure, and I lost a LOT of water weight as soon as I did.)
    4. When exercising, is your heart rate going up into your optimal zone? Find out what your resting and max heart rate are and you should be at about 75-80% of your max (I believe) to get the maximum calorie burn.
  • sadikaz
    Options
    thanks for the fast reply. I do feel healthier and lighter, thats the thing! thats what i dont get.
    I'll try not to give up, I just made my diary public, but yeah i dont think im eating healthy enough
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi, You may be holding water weight! Are you drinking enough water? Just keep staying under your calorie range and you should be losing, give it time!! No more junk, if need be eat healthy snacks- healthy bars and fruit for the sweet tooth! Give yourself chance before you give up! This is by far the easiest plan I ever followed..and trust me I was on every plan even the gastric bypass surgery! Keep doing it, it will click and you will start melting the pounds away!!! `````````best of luck, Geri:smile:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the scale doesn't move right away, however, watch for NSVs, Non Scale Victories. ---more energy, sleeping better, clothes fitting differently (in a good way), getting comments from others that they can see a difference, the list goes on and on.

I like being able to see food diaries, one reason... it gives me ideas on new foods to eat!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    try cutting procesed foods and focusing on fruit, veg and lean protein :)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Your diary for yesterday looked fine to me. There are people on here who are going to tell yo it has to be clean eating or you won't lose... but that isn't really scientific. The whole issue is less calories in then out. How much do you weigh now. It can take awhile for the weight to start coming off. You might also need to cut down your calories a bit.
  • cheri868
    Options
    I am having the EXACT same problem. For the last 2 weeks, I have been dieting and exercising and have lost 0 lbs!!!! I have given up trying to figure it out, I do feel better and I do feel lighter (whether it is my mind playing tricks on me, I don't know) and that is what's important.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Had a look at your diary and there is a lot processed food in there although you are within :flowerforyou: your cal allowance. Try adding a column to measure your sodium intake as well and I think you will find it quite high.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    cut down on the snacks and have more fruit and veggies and up your protein...that might help....water water and more water your body will love you for it..good luck and dont ever give up!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    The weight loss will come! You're upping your exercise and that causes your body to hold onto fluid while it figures out how to repair and build muscles! The fat is coming off and all the sudden instead of seeing a KG drop every now and again you'll get a 2KG drop at once.

Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • lrobin65
    Options
    I don't lose weight easily - or so it seems. I had to stay positive and go by the way my clothes fit and what others saw. It is hard not to get discouraged, but if you stay at it, you will notice results. Concentrate on the way you feel, how you sleep and look for small changes that don't involve the scale! You can do this!
  • sadikaz
    Options
    thanks guys, ill start again tomorrow inshallah
    Im not drinking much water at all, just maybe a glass or two but Ill try to increase it and try to stay away from junk
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thanks for adding me and together i can help with advise for a better loss and better fitness. I have been on this journey several months and have lsot 2lb this week taking me to 35lbs.
    The system works well for me and the fact is i try and make meals from scratch although processed foods are ok they are often high in hidden demons that can slow your progress down.
    I have takeaway food maybe once every 2 weeks and fill up on vegetables on the plate and even raw veggies as a snack. I have used low fat salsa as a dip which mixed with chilli is an axtra kick and lovely.
    I walk quite a bit now and swim when ever i can on a lunch time and evenings, i try to swim maybe 3-4 times a week although have a poorly back at the minute so not much at all just the walking when its not too bad and the house work...lol
    I steady away at around 2lb a week and have tried all diets known to man but have found this to be the best for support and for the kick up the arris when needed.

call on me any time and most of all, enjoy the journey and keep smiling, it takes more calories to smile than it does to frown...xx
  • bestrev
    Options
    I followed the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet by Joel Marion for a few weeks about 4 months ago and overall I can say that I've found this plan to be very helpful for me.
    The Xtreme Fat Loss Diet is the only program that I have seen that allows you to create a huge calorie deficit to promote the fastest possible fat loss while increasing metabolism at the same time through strategic, synergistic and somewhat extreme diet and exercise strategies.

read my full personal review on: http://bestreview4you.com/2011/10/xtreme-fat-loss-diet

Kind regards,
    Bestrev
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As many others have said, continue to give it time. You could review sodium (like another mentioned) and sugar. At the beginning it's a lot of trial and error - seeing what works for your body. Also, switching sometimes to brown rice and whole wheat bread may help you feel fuller longer, therefor lessening the feeling to snack. My hubby doesn't like brown, so we go back and forth. Keep at it!