TMI question.. Oh gosh!

Options
So I cut out soft drink MAJORLY! And now I feel like with all the water I'm drinking I am going to the toilet *peeing* every 15 minutes!!

This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any idea's why???????

Replies

• Connie_TN
    Options
    HOney I go thru the same thing.....It will even out ..took me about a month. Meanwhile I just count up the bathroom trips as exercise cause mine us Upstairs! lol
  • InKorea
    InKorea Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing. I ONLY drink water now. I'm a teacher and I literally have to go to the toilet like every 5 mins, which is hard when I'm in class. However, I don't want to cut back on my water intake.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way....I was told what goes in must come out...:) I also gave up soda's except for a once in awhile treat. Dr. OZ convinced me to give up the soda. Love my water!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    well I am only drinking the recommended and I thought cutting out all that sugar and stuff was going to make it less..
    But I feel like any time I just start to relax I need to go..

And I had to Pause my work out to run off to go too lol

It's CRAZY!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    It's water.. it makes you pee!! Consider it an extra workout! I have added 2000 steps, almost a 1 mile to my routine just by drinking more water...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When I first started drinking more water, I considered moving into the bathroom because of how much I was going.

It's totally normal, and will even out as your body gets used to the extra water flow.. it's taking all the water you retained drinking soda, and flushing it out.. and once that happens, it should slow down.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You drink sodas they have crap in it that stays in your body...water helps flush the system so pee, pee, pee away till the pee is clear! Then drink more!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    I've started drinking Mineral water.. which I figure is better then Coke.. Until I am ready for just water..
    I am only having one glass a day.. compared to a whole bottle of coke..
  • Maredip
    Maredip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It is normal, just make sure you replace. I gave up soda almost 8 months ago now, havent had a single bit. The result, my stomach doesnt hurt anymore and Im not always thirsty like before It'll even itself out soon. Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    glad to see I'm not the only one lol

Anyone else in the early days ?

I'm day 3.. and feel like I could sleep for a week..
  • Quarantined
    Options
    Your body will get used to it eventually and you'll stop peeing so much. :) I've always drunk about 10 glasses a day and depending on how much exercise I'm doing a day I only need to pee every 2-3 hours.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    It is normal, just make sure you replace. I gave up soda almost 8 months ago now, havent had a single bit. The result, my stomach doesnt hurt anymore and Im not always thirsty like before It'll even itself out soon. Keep it up!:flowerforyou:

I want to give it up completely but not all at once on top of everything because I don't want to crave it..
  • yoshi317
    Options
    because you are flushing your system out of all the sodium your body was holding onto thats a good thing
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's really annoying. I have to get up from bed usually 2-3 times before I can actually fall asleep.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Nope not the only one. It's a pain, but I use it to get more walking for the day. Our bathroom is about 40 steps from my cubicle at work. But instead of going the straight path, I go all around the walls of the building to go to the bathroom, so I get a little mini walk in everytime I go..lol
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    because you are flushing your system out of all the sodium your body was holding onto thats a good thing

I had to ask what sodium was yesterday lol
  • Pippi8
    Pippi8 Posts: 12
    Options
    It's a good thing even though it's a hassle! Not only are you giving your body the increased water intake which is awesome, but the absence of soda (which makes your body retain fluids) is letting your body flush the extra fluids out. Whether you were drinking regular or diet soda, I've read they are both connected to bloat and fluid retention. It should even out but in the meantime your body will feel leaner and cleaner without all the unnecessary fluid retention and bloated tissues. I know that dietary carbohydrates bind to water to allow the carbs to be metabolized, so you could be releasing some of that water retention as well by the absence of soda. Either way, you are on the right track to health.....so keep it up and stay near a bathroom!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what some people think, the MORE water you drink, the LESS you retain. So you may drink one cup of pop and one cup of water and need to go more when drinking water. Your body hoardes water in the same way it hoardes food when it isn't getting enough.

It kind of makes me insane when people say "Oh I don't drink water because I retain it". No, if you drink more your body will run as it should and get rid of it as long as you're keeping hydrated.

That being said, I'm off to fill my cup because I have been doing really bad with water intake....my fake wedding set that I bought a size biggger is actually a little tight right now :grumble:
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I read an artlcle recently that says if you're not going to the bathroom every 1.5 hrs, you're not getting enough water.
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    I've just found a great free App on iPhone called 'Runners All In One' for running obviously. But what is also does is work out what hydration you should take in based upon your weight and activity level, it might be that you're drinking too much.