Having a problem eating my calories for the day...

Options
Ok so I have been eating healthy for 3 weeks now and exercising every day... I drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
I just am not as hungry anymore! I have to try to force myself to eat sometimes bc I know I will be way under my calorie goal again. I scan everything I use to make salads, spreads for toast , stuff on sandwiches ... etc so my calorie intake is as correct as possible. My food diary is public so if anyone can offer help or suggestions I would appreciate it.
O and another thing when I add in extra workouts or just walking it gives me even more calories... I am like NO!! I can't even eat the ones I have daily! I don't want anymore!!! lol.
Please help bc my goal is to lose 50 lbs by Feb!!
also add me as a friend if you want!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat up to that amount of calories each day. Having calories extra is ok. The more calories you burn the more you will lose. Good luck.
  • JoBfit4life
    Options
    Sorry but your diary isn't open!
    I only eat my exercise calories if I want them. There's little point eating them if you are not hungry!
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    Sorry but your diary isn't open!

I fixed it now!!!
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    just try to stay over 1200 :) if thats your goal then i'm not sure. a glass of juice/milk with a meal maybe?

don't worry about exercise calories... i personally choose not to eat them unless i want to haha

my partner has to force himself to have meals to reach his calories
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    String Cheese
    Greek Yogurt
    Organic Granola Bars with No Hig Fructose Corn Syrup... ( I like Kashi TLC Cherry Dark Chocolate)
    Hummus
    Special K multi grain crackers 24 of them equals 120 calories
    100 Calorie packs of Kettle Corn popcorn
    Brown Rice
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    You don't have to eat up to that amount of calories each day. Having calories extra is ok. The more calories you burn the more you will lose. Good luck.

well that's what I thought too but when I complete my diary for the day it tells me I am eating to few calories and based on the amount it will take me longer to lose...
  • JoBfit4life
    Options
    You don't seem to have much for breakfast- just a thought!
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Your breakfasts look too light. Try eating more calorie dense things so you're not eating large volumes but getting higher calorie counts. Whole grains especially fit this bill. A relatively small portion of beans, wholegrain rices, Oat Groats or Quinoa (two of my favorites) will give you some good calories.
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    I just want to say... I wish I had your problem LOL! ;)
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    for breakfast i suggest whole oats, the old fashioned king never the one-minute varieties. or if you can find it Bob's Red Mill Muesli. (you can order it online search bobs red mill)
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you should at least eat your daily calorie allowance at least or you risk going into starvation mode. Weather you eat none, some or all of the exercise calories you burn is up to you. Nuts or nut butters of any kinda are higher in calories and always a good option to add to your calories in a healthy way.
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    A breakfast that includes protein will jumpstart your metabolism for the day. Try increasing just that part of your diet. It's ok every once in a while to be below your calories (excluding exercise earned calories). You need to eat roughly 1,200 calories per day or your body will "think" it's not getting enough food & slow down fat burn. I know it's hard. There are days I have to almost force myself to get closer to my before exercise calorie goal. I have found that after the days I am under 1,200 I don't lose the weight easier. Eating a protein included breakfast works for me & will help your metabolism. :glasses:
  • anthonysig
    anthonysig Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add more healthy fats and protein and reduce the carbs. Nuts, seeds, olive oil, eggs, meat, and protein shakes
  • missmaggiemd
    missmaggiemd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When looking over your diary for the past 10my days ur calorie intake is awesome! 8 out of the 10goals days you are 1300-1500 a with only a few to spare the other two fays your above 1000 . Id say you are having no problems getting ur calories. Although adding some more protien couldn't hurt! Good luck on your venture!
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    When looking over your diary for the past 10my days ur calorie intake is awesome! 8 out of the 10goals days you are 1300-1500 a with only a few to spare the other two fays your above 1000 . Id say you are having no problems getting ur calories. Although adding some more protien couldn't hurt! Good luck on your venture!

Thanks!! =) I really try to make the best choices every day... I am def a breakfast eater more then anything else.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have this problem sometimes too I get to dinner time and have 1200 calories to eat! ( I have to eat more than most people as I am bf-ing full time). I find that small snacks even if Im not really hungry help,like a fiber one bar or some almonds. Also a smoothie as a snack you can sip on helps, I blend some frozen strawberries and either some naked green machine juice, or some greek yogurt and a splash of milk , a banana and some baby spinach all together , I also sprinkle in some ground flax seed for more fiber, omegas, and calories. This smoothie can easily add 200+calories depending on what you throw in there, you can do one with chocolate soy milk, bananas, and peanut butter thats also really good.

Also drink some calories, have some milk, or a little juice to drink. Add in some peanut butter, avacado or other high calorie foods. Also the ladies on CM can help you out with other ideas theyre great with this stuff
  • sassyntat2ed
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!! I appreciate it!!