Just found out I'm pregnant :)

Options

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS...

and since you're already active and not starting from scratch it'll be easier...i moved and moved and moved up until i was 6 months pregnant at the gym and then i got embarrased (which is just dumb so dont do that like i did) and then walked until i think 8 months and then my hips were gonna just fall off. :)

i ended up only gaining 26 pounds and the boy was 10 pounds!!! ack!

so you will totally see a difference. dont overexert yourself, eat right and ENJOY THIS!! :)
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    First let me say Congrats!!! Second, i think you should discuss this all with your Dr but with my pregnancy (2.5 years ago) i was told i could keep up my current activities in moderation....example: last year i had 2 pregnant Zumba instructors they they taught all the way up to 38 weeks. :o) Take care and have a happy/healthy pregnancy this time around.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats! #6.... wow that's awesome! :) I would still do cardio BUT I wouldn't do high impact. I also wouldn't lift heavy. Honestly, you should ask your doctor what exercises would be best for you. I have read some articles that say you can stick with the same routine you did pre-pregnancy BUT I am kinda iffy about that because now you have a little baby in there that I don't think can handle all the strain. Anyways, ask your doctor what would be best. I just had my 3rd baby a year ago and I wasn't very active in my pregnancy until I found out that I had gestational diabetes. Of course with that, they want you to be active and exercise. I walked a lot and did light weights. I only gained 2 pounds during that pregnancy and he came out 7 lbs 2 oz. :) I was overweight to start with so the weight I lost during my pregnancy was my own fat. I know you can do it!! Drink lots of water and walk a lot. I wish that I could give you more advice but I think you should just check with your doctor. Again...... congrats on #6! How old is your youngest?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm sure you can stay active but please talk to your doctor about what's ok and what's not...dont't take advice from a bunch of strangers on the internet who don't know you from Eve.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    Congrats! Thats amazing. My sisters friend did aerobics classes until she was pretty much at her due date. But deffo speak to your doctor :) x
  • marcsgirl10
    marcsgirl10 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations sweet girl! I'm so happy for you :) I have three boys (12,7,5) and I wasn't active during any of my pregnancies. I wish I had been. I may have one more eventually.....but learning to live healthy and losing the weight, I don't ever want to put on that much weight again. Just remember how much work and time it takes to lose all the extra weight (not just baby weight) I'm here for support if you ever want to chat or need encouragement!:flowerforyou:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've heard it's ok to continue with activities you normally do. I would check with your dr. for his/her advice. And with medical ok would stay as active as possible.

When I was pregnant with my first (37yrs ago) my father would fuss nonstop if he caught me lifting a laundry basket or raising my arms over my head to hang clothes. It was pretty funny, because women have worked jobs that were very demanding and given birth to healthy babies. :happy:
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I've got to call today to schedule my appointment with my Doctor.

This is baby #5, pregnancy #6. We lost one baby between kiddo # 3 and # 4.

Just amazing, hoping everything works out with this little one. :) on cloud 9 overe here for sure.
  • meldickman
    Options
    Congratulations on your wonderful news! I have 4 kids and exercised through all my pregnancies as normal. My Dr. told me it was ok and that my labor and delivery and bouncing back would be much easier by keeping active. I ran and walked alot and lifted weights.
    Make sure you get the advise from your Dr. because everyone is different an once again congrats and I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I think you can pretty much do anything that your body is used to while pregnant.. I excercised and went horseback riding while I was preggo. Good luck, you can do it! And Congrats again!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    congrats.jpg
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I was 37 when I had my last baby and my circumstances are exactly yours. We lost a little one between #3 and 4, so we have 5 children here on earth and one munchkin in Heaven. All of ours were planned and I would have loved to have had more!! I love pregnancy, birth, newborns....teens and adult children are another story...but this time period is so joyful!!

Stay active! If you feel good and it doesn't hurt keep doing what you are doing right now! If you are already 7 weeks and doing well there is no reason to change. You are so gorgeous and will love the experience of labor when you are fit and strong!!!

Congratulations again!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

D
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's fantastic news. You can keep active but get some advice from your doctor. It is best not to start anything new or lift weights that are too heavy, but provided you are in good health and the doctor agrees there is no reason why you can't keep active. You may want to take it a little easier to start with and don't let yourself get out of breath. Good for you keeping active. :flowerforyou:

There will be certain exercises you should avoid but perhaps join a pilates for pregnancy class. That will keep you in fantastic shape :)

Congratulations! I agree with this poster...talk to your doctor. Some women can work out all through pregnancy and be just fine. Others can't without risking the pregnancy. Your doctor can tell you what you should and should not do. Tell him or her how long you've been exercising, what you've been doing, etc. Is this the same doctor that you had during your other pregnancies? If so, he or she will know your pregnancy history and be able to advise you.

So happy for you! Take care of yourself and that little one!
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey SpicyPepper! Congrats on your pregnancy! So exciting! My doctor told me when I was pregnant that I could continue doing everything that I had been because it was a routine and my body was used to it. That being said, I was also 21 at the time, so I would definitely speak with your doctor regarding your exercise routine and how it relates to your particular pregnancy. Also, I swam almost every single day during my pregnancy. Swimming is one of the best things you can do to prepare for labor (I was in labor for two hours and pushed two times), it keeps the unnecessary weight off, and its low-impact. Also, it was the only time that I felt weightless (which was amazing since my back hurt all the time!)
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats Spicy!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Congrats! Very exciting :)

Definitely ask your doctor what s/he recommends. I have a friend that is 20 weeks and running a half marathon this weekend! I, on the other hand, had to scale back my routine because I wasn't keeping weight on and had two miscarriages in a row. So, it definitely varies from person to person. Chasing after that many kids has got to keep you pretty active! I thought I was going to run away yesterday and I only have two kids! I'm impressed :)

Congrats again!
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OMG #6...CONGRATS! and i am going crazy with 3!
    since u r already working out, just keep doing it...i do not beleive how easy my third delivery was thanks to working out..i was at the gym up to 37wks...then i had to stop due to xmas vacation...i almost had no labour....went to the hospital with very little pain saying i think i may be in labour...to find out i was already 8cm dialated...less than 1hr later my baby was out..and i only gained 20lb , 8lb baby and 5 more that came off the first week after delivery!

so yeh keep on working out...your body is already used to it, maybe just tone it down a bit if u feel uncomfortable but do not stop!!

sam
  • cjzoller
    Options
    I'm sure you can stay active but please talk to your doctor about what's ok and what's not...dont't take advice from a bunch of strangers on the internet who don't know you from Eve.

Quoted for the truth!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I did yoga for pregnant women when I was pregnant. Six kids???? Holy moly!! You go girl!! I want to have two more, but I think my uterus' urges to have more kids will be satiated after that. I wasn't heavily into taking care of myself when I got pregnant with my son. In fact, I had to stop drinking and smoking when I realized I was pregnant. (I was NOT expecting to get pregnant, but my son has turned out to be one of the largest blessings ever!)

Congrats!!!
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've heard that you don't want to overheat during pregnancy - so they advise you keep your heart rate under a certain amount during exercise. But I would just ask your doctor and do some research. www.babycenter.com has a wealth of information. I hope you have an amazing and healthy pregnancy!