My Friday NSV...and it's 10 years in the making. =)

Options
dixiech1ck
dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
I found a bunch of clothes under my bed in a bag marked "Will fit in -- EVENTUALLY."

I hated that bag. I'd curse it every time I cleaned and had to pull things from under the bed. I'd kick it. I'd stick my tongue out at it and give it the almighty middle finger. I felt like that bag sat there and laughed at me. Laughed because it knew that EVENTUALLY written in sharpie on some tape would sit there forever.

Then I met MFP. And oh.. did we become fast friends. I must admit, I used MFP as a crutch to get me through some bad days, celebrate the good days and meet people who are like-minded as myself, looking to shed these horrible lbs. that invade our lives.

Then it happened.

I OPENED THE BAG.

*GASP*

I did. I did.. I opened THE bag. And what did I find? Clothes in sizes 12 and 14. But wait, I'm an 18, no way I'm fitting into these. The scale says I dropped 18 lbs though. Go ahead Ang.. go ahead.. just put one on.

But what if they laugh at me??

You are SO silly.. clothes can't laugh at you.

Oh yeah?? You go into a fitting room and see how clothes mock YOU in the mirror.. belly rolls here, side handles there, back fat.. BLEGH!

So... I pulled out my Old Navy jeans... size *gulps* 14... from 2001. Yep.. from COLLEGE!! Slowly, I pulled them up.. up the calves.. up the thighs.. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.. this can't be happening!! They are actually going OVER my thighs??? WHAT?!?!?

Up, over the rear... wait.. the booty?! YES, THE BOOTY?? Pulling both sides of the materials across my belly, I grabbed the metal button and, not even needing to tug or suck in, slipped it through the button hole, pulled on the zipper ever so slightly and....

**BAM**

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! The first of many, I hope... those size 14's never looked SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

And they are on my fine looking boo-tay as I type. So to my friends, I say THANK YOU for pushing me!!! And to my haters and the doubters I know in my life, I say THANK YOU MORE for pushing me harder to get where I am and to go 78 pounds further in my quest. I'm not backing down now. Nope, not gonna happen.

Life. Is. Good.

What is YOUR Friday NSV?? Tell me tell me tell me! Let's celebrate this milestone TOGETHER!!

Angie

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

I've just started out this week, but today I'm noticing that these pants don't feel so tight. :) I haven't weighed myself yet (I'm trying to only do it once a week so I don't become obsessive) but I'm really excited that I don't feel like I'm crushing myself all day long. :)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    What a GREAT story Angie - thanks for sharing! ;)

Best of luck in getting rid of your old clothes, as they will be too BIG!!! ;)
  • FightforChange
    Options
    So awesome! Congrats!! You've worked hard and earned this awesome NSV =]

I don't have anything to share yet, as I'm just getting started.. but you are a true inspiration and motivation to stick to things for the long term~
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great story. Congrats on that bag of clothes and soon they will be gone : )
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Thats such an awesome NSV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine today was getting half way to my goal :) xx
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!! Keep up the hard work and you'll be cursing those jeans because they won't fit!! :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    What an incredible NSV - keep up the great work!
  • divadoll41
    Options
    awesome!
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    you go gurl - rock on!! WOOOTT!!!!
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    You are awesome!!!

I had a Friday NSV today involving jeans too - even with my bloated belly I've got into a pair of size 12 - not been able to get near size 12 jeans for about 4 years.

Total congrats and hope it makes the weekend that more brilliant!
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    Good job. keep it up and before you know those pants will be to big. aiming to get in some of my smaller clothes. i bet those clothes feel stupid for laughing at you, but you got the last laugh.
  • paravision
    Options
    I found a bunch of clothes under my bed in a bag marked "Will fit in -- EVENTUALLY."

I hated that bag. I'd curse it every time I cleaned and had to pull things from under the bed. I'd kick it. I'd stick my tongue out at it and give it the almighty middle finger. I felt like that bag sat there and laughed at me. Laughed because it knew that EVENTUALLY written in sharpie on some tape would sit there forever.

Then I met MFP. And oh.. did we become fast friends. I must admit, I used MFP as a crutch to get me through some bad days, celebrate the good days and meet people who are like-minded as myself, looking to shed these horrible lbs. that invade our lives.

Then it happened.

I OPENED THE BAG.

*GASP*

I did. I did.. I opened THE bag. And what did I find? Clothes in sizes 12 and 14. But wait, I'm an 18, no way I'm fitting into these. The scale says I dropped 18 lbs though. Go ahead Ang.. go ahead.. just put one on.

But what if they laugh at me??

You are SO silly.. clothes can't laugh at you.

Oh yeah?? You go into a fitting room and see how clothes mock YOU in the mirror.. belly rolls here, side handles there, back fat.. BLEGH!

So... I pulled out my Old Navy jeans... size *gulps* 14... from 2001. Yep.. from COLLEGE!! Slowly, I pulled them up.. up the calves.. up the thighs.. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.. this can't be happening!! They are actually going OVER my thighs??? WHAT?!?!?

Up, over the rear... wait.. the booty?! YES, THE BOOTY?? Pulling both sides of the materials across my belly, I grabbed the metal button and, not even needing to tug or suck in, slipped it through the button hole, pulled on the zipper ever so slightly and....

**BAM**

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! The first of many, I hope... those size 14's never looked SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

And they are on my fine looking boo-tay as I type. So to my friends, I say THANK YOU for pushing me!!! And to my haters and the doubters I know in my life, I say THANK YOU MORE for pushing me harder to get where I am and to go 78 pounds further in my quest. I'm not backing down now. Nope, not gonna happen.

Life. Is. Good.

What is YOUR Friday NSV?? Tell me tell me tell me! Let's celebrate this milestone TOGETHER!!

Angie

OMG! YES! I have a pair of purple skin tight jeans from hot topic. I fit in them last October. I bought them before I could fit in them. I was trying to loose weight for a conference I was speaking at.I made it and wore them with pride! Now I dont fit in them. I will again soon! I want it bad and not only that, I want them in a smaller size!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!!! Great NSV!!
  • marcsgirl10
    marcsgirl10 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! It's almost like I could hear you in my head narrating that ;) You are on your way, gf!! have an awesome day!:flowerforyou:
  • melgillis
    melgillis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    :smile: OMGosh, thank you for sharing. What an inspiration - congratulations!!

Don't you just love MFP?? The folks on here have helped me too.

We all have our battles in our closets or in bags under the bed. I'm glad you kept that bag all these years. That's a well earned victory happy dance for you!!
  • GregT44
    GregT44 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thats awesome....... Way to kick that bag in the sack.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a wonderful nsv. Thank you for posting! Reading other peoples success stories helps keep me motivated.:drinker:
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    you look awesome. good job. God is good.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!