polar FT60... amazing!

Options
Hi everyone. just received my new polar FT60, did my first workout yesterday with it. was actually burning more calories than my fitness pal was suggesting which was nice to know. it definitively motivates you. it measures your heart rate, calories burnt, percentage of calories that will burn fat and many many other things. so easy to use also. i have a 42 inch back and the strap is comfy on the largest setting. my wrists are also large but there is plenty of room on the strap. i was worried about this. it would easily fit an 8 inch wrist maybe even a little more.
its the first HRM i have ever had, but i did a lot of research and this came out best. it can be used for any exercise including swimming. many of them cant be used when swimming. i have not tried it in the water yet but the reviews are good. I'm not usually into gadgets but i love love love this! just thought i am weighing and counting every single thing that touches my lips why not have an accurate calories burnt too. you can wear the watch all day long as a normal watch too and it looks pretty cool. its the pink version!
the battery is also replaceable yourself. a lot of the watches you have to send off, and this is very costly. i found mine on ebay new for £99.99. it was well worth the money! felt a little sick spending it but its definitely worth it! cant recommend it enough. By the way i am in no way related to polar, just such a happy customer.
zara

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I've had my pink polar for years and I just love it also. Mine does have to be sent out for a new battery but It is still running on the first battery. I love the accuracy when I work out. I don't have to hold any handles when I'm at the gym to check how many calories I have burned. Plus, the machines at the gym are a little over from what my polar reads. But, not by much. So, if anyone wants the accurate count polar heart rate monitors are the way to go.
  • mrsjaure
    Options
    I am currently looking for a new watch because my current one doesnt seem to work anymore. I am very interested in this one and the only question I have is, can i wear it all day long to see how many calories I BURN in a full day? I wear my current watch as soon as I wake up and take it off at night to keep count of my daily calories burned, can I do that with this one? Thanks
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I am currently looking for a new watch because my current one doesnt seem to work anymore. I am very interested in this one and the only question I have is, can i wear it all day long to see how many calories I BURN in a full day? I wear my current watch as soon as I wake up and take it off at night to keep count of my daily calories burned, can I do that with this one? Thanks
    yes you can if you wish! x
  • califigureeight
    Options
    I received mine (FT60 in purple--yaaaaaaaaaaaay) a couple of weeks ago but finally decided to sit down and read the manual to get it going. I'm going to see Joyce Meyer tomorrow and Friday so I won't be able to work out/give it a try until Saturday. I'm very excited though :)
  • RedPaperClip
    Options
    I'm very interested in buying one of these, they're just so expensive :s Heard people having trouble with the transmissions from the chest straps. But Polar definitely get the better reviews! Think this might be a christmas present to myself ;)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the review!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

You cannot do that with any HRM--well, you can, but the numbers don't mean anything. If you want a daily calorie count, you need to invest in a body bugg or other such device.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have had the Polar FT4 for a few years now and absolutely love it! I hate when I have to workout without it because I'm addicted to seeing my heart rate and calorie burn. Nothing says satisfaction like knowing I burned off 600 calories in a good workout. I highly recommend Polar. I've worn mine all day before, though when I tried to wear it at night it lost the signal from me tossing and turning, which shifted the chest strap too much. If you're looking to get good information, but not spend quite as much, look into the FT4. Someday, I'll upgrade to the FT60 - it sounds amazing!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT60 the about two weeks ago!! I absolutely LOVE it! And like you, I seem to be burning more calories than I was giving myself credit for on MFP! Makes ya feel so good!

I don't have all the extras like the footpod or the device to downloan the workouts into my computer! Maybe one day I will advance to that level, but for now, it is all I ever wanted. I did a lot of research too before the investment and decided on this one! I really think Polar products are the best...no matter which people choose!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Hi ive had no problems with the watch picking up my heart rate, even when i dont have time to dampen the strap, been using it every day for a few weeks now and no glitches what so ever. Still loving it... loads! x
  • cjzoller
    Options
    Hey All!

My name is Chris and I work for Polar USA.. Love this thread!
    Hi ive had no problems with the watch picking up my heart rate, even when i dont have time to dampen the strap, been using it every day for a few weeks now and no glitches what so ever. Still loving it... loads! x

Zaranaylor - the biggest thing is keeping the belt clean and making sure it's wet thoroughly before each workout. So cleaning is simple, every 5 uses in a washing machine, hang dry(talking about the belt only, not the center transmitter piece). Hope this helps! If not, drop us a line at polarusa.com and we'll help get it working again for sure!

Chris
    twitter.com/chrispolarusa
    facebook.com/polarusa
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Hey All!

Zaranaylor - the biggest thing is keeping the belt clean and making sure it's wet thoroughly before each workout. So cleaning is simple, every 5 uses in a washing machine, hang dry(talking about the belt only, not the center transmitter piece). Hope this helps! If not, drop us a line at polarusa.com and we'll help get it working again for sure!

Chris
    facebook.com/polarusa
    Thanks chris, i dont have facebook or twitter though! it is working though! your email address would be great for if i have future problems! zara
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    Hey All!

Chris
    facebook.com/polarusa
    I will certainly follow your cleaning instructions though! i should work for polar id love it lol, been getting everyone to but one! ha ha