Today is the DAY!

Options
Hi, my name is Christina. Today I started my diet. I have never been this excited about a diet before. I feel like I am really going to accomplish my goals! I have 140 lbs to get rid of. So far the day is bright and beautiful.

Replies

• 65jackie
    65jackie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome - you will love it here!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family! :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me if you like...
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of it as a diet, but a lifestyle change.....surround yourself with people that support you (this site is wonderful). I wish you the best of luck!
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome and if you want support add me.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Don't think of it as a diet...think of it as making a liftstyle change to be healthy for the rest of your life. Take it one day at a time. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)
  • krisb0711
    Options
    Today is my first day of my new "way of life" !! I have 127 pounds that I would like to lose, hopefully we can all encourage each other and be successful too. Best of luck to you...remember its only losing 1 lb. 140 times, LOL !!!:happy:
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Stick with it - it is worth it.
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You should be excited, its an amazing thing your about to do! Good luck :smile:
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello Christina and welcome to the first day of the new you!

You've come to the right place; your gonna love this site.

Feel free to add me.
  • wyangel
    wyangel Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome! I got serious yesterday so I'm with you! Stay on here, read the forums and you'll do great!
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome to all the "newbies" this is a Fantastic Site:happy: Lots of people on the same journey as you.....good luck with yours
  • thelegendhorse
    Options
    Welcome!
    This site is amazing and so motivational, and the people are great and so supportive and uplifting! It really makes u want to succeed and is slightly addictive to lol. You are going to love it i know i do. :happy:
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will really love it here! Congrats on starting, that is always the hardest part! :)
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christina........this site is truly amazing......I know you can do it!!
    Feel free to add me if you want
  • mdsanche
    mdsanche Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie too. My best advice is not to get discouraged and you should consider yourself "still on track" as long as you just keep logging your food each day--even if you go over your calorie goal (sometimes WAY over). I have found that even small changes in eating habits take time and like somebody else said, it's a lifestyle change so be in it for the long haul. At least I hope to be! Good luck...
  • jultwan
    jultwan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry diets just don't work. Portion control, watching calories and get moving. Even if you start out doing 10 minutes then 15 and add from there to your excercise. Diets just restrict you from the foods you like. I feel you can eat anything as long as you stay in the calories for the day. Well, that is how I do it. Good luck.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christina! This is a great place to begin your weight loss journey! Lots of supportive people! I am also originally from Ohio, near Mt Vernon! Feel free to add me if you like!
    Carol