Gym quircks you have

Options
2»

Replies

• HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    i imagine there's a sybian below me when i do squats.
    i find it helps me engage the glutes more, thereby getting a much more effective workout.

freind request on the way!!!! LOL

I also have to load the plates facing in...all plates face in and the 45's i will bounce once on the floor before i put all of them on the bar...
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    i find it helps me engage the glutes more, thereby getting a much more effective workout.

:laugh: best response this thread will get!

If I'm doing the boring treadmill, I put my phone in the cup holder facing away from me, or every time it blinks that I have a msg or an email I'll be too tempted to check it.

If I'm taking a class I apparently like to stand in the front to the right of the instructor. I've realized I've done this without even noticing in my Zumba, Body Combat and Kickboxing class! And I try to avoid standing in front of the window that looks down to the gym lobby b/c I totally end up getting caught up in what's going on down there and people watching, that I forget what I'm doing in the class lol! I get distracted easily...
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have to have my water with me.. gloves and ipod... even if my music is on really low.. i need to have my headphones in.

also, I like to use certain machines too.. and I like to do certain ones in a special order. LOL
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I have to use a particular machine (only 2 available) for my cardio workout. If one of them isn't open when I get there, I sign up for the next available slot then go hit the weights.

I freak out if all the Cybex's are being used.

Throw a lot of dirty looks.... then sulk over to the bike.

It is extra irritating when I check the book and the machine isn't even signed in. There was a woman on one of the machines for at least an hour (30 minute maximum rule) on Monday. She wasn't even signed in for the first 30 minutes. I just met this woman last weekend at my daughter's birthday party. Yep, she was the mom of one of my daughter's friend. A reminder of why I don't make a fuss about the rule breakers.

I think most people are creatures of habit...I tend to park in the same spot in the structure, use the same locker and gravitate to the same machines too. Lately, on Mon-Wed-Fri I do 90 minutes on the stepper, which is in the far back. Those days, I love to people- watch and I see how people all go to the same machines every time. Sometimes if a 'newbie' is on THEIR machine, I see their panic and confusion. They will just stand there staring and try to figure out what to do now. Usually there are 15 identical treadmills in the same row not being used, but its not 'their machine'

One bonus to going in the morning...fewer people, so mostly everything is available so nobody enforces time limits
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I agree with kaits. I can't see anything topping this one!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I had to Google than and I'm at work. If I get fired it's all your fault!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I had to Google than and I'm at work. If I get fired it's all your fault!

Me too, and now I'm grinning like a loon :happy:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i googled it to
    wow
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    /thread

I also have to load the plates facing in...all plates face in and the 45's i will bounce once on the floor before i put all of them on the bar...

My kids think I'm crazy because I have to have the plates facing inward as well.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Didn't have to google what it was :laugh: