Cell Phone Pet Peeve

Options

Replies

• OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Being deaf with SOME hearing, It irks me off when I thought someone was talking to me, unaware they had their bluetooth on.

I am with you on this one too....it does suck big time especially when they are rude to you because you do not know due to their hair covering the bluetooth
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who will spend the entire time we are hanging out - even at dinner, on her cell phone.
    I took her out to dinner for her birthday and she was texting all night. Finally I said, excuse me, but i am here with you, can you tell those people you are busy or that you're hanging with me or better yet, talk to them later. Note it was the day before her birthday.

she does this to me all the time... dinner, coffee, when we go for walks once in a while, when she comes over to pick up something, she'll ring the doorbell and still be on the phone. -- really, please finish your call and talk to me when you're done.
    I had a friend who, over coffee, took 4 phone calls and several text messages. An hour of my life I won't get back.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It irritates me more when I go in to the bathroom at work and there's someone in the stall, going to the bathroom, and talking on their phone. I think it's rude for the rest of us who aren't exactly public pee-ers!

yes and then they expect you to not flush cuz they're yapping away.. puh-lease!

This explains the unflushed toilets in public washrooms!!! I had been wondering...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who will spend the entire time we are hanging out - even at dinner, on her cell phone.
    I took her out to dinner for her birthday and she was texting all night. Finally I said, excuse me, but i am here with you, can you tell those people you are busy or that you're hanging with me or better yet, talk to them later. Note it was the day before her birthday.

she does this to me all the time... dinner, coffee, when we go for walks once in a while, when she comes over to pick up something, she'll ring the doorbell and still be on the phone. -- really, please finish your call and talk to me when you're done.
    I had a friend who, over coffee, took 4 phone calls and several text messages. An hour of my life I won't get back.

I would've just got up and left.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options

yikes. i would probably disown her eventually. my sister does this too, but unfortunately i can't disown her...:tongue:

but she's getting better - mostly due to my apocolyptic b1tching on the matter and ignoring her while i read so she can see how it feels a bit...
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes. It is very obnoxious and rude! If I'm on my phone at the store, I will walk around until the conversation is over.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of people that think they have to be accessible 24/7. Constantly texting.

I will walk away from someone I am conversing with if they start texting.

If someon comes into my man cave and starts texting while we are watching sports or a movie, I'll tell them to put their phone away.

I spend a lot of time alone.
  • Behipped
    Options
    It is super annoying...

I find cell phone conversations in general to be intolerable, especially on public transportation. One time I was on commuter rail and we were about an hour into the trip and this lady was on her phone the entire time having a really loud, pointless conversation. She was getting evil glares from everyone around her but clearly wasn't taking the hints.

I eventually turned around and said "Excuse me, but this isn't your living room."

She looked pretty shocked, but she did hang up. Might have been one of my more b*tchy moments, but I got a lot of 'thank yous'.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options

no kidding right. lol
  • juscallmeb
    Options
    It irritates me more when I go in to the bathroom at work and there's someone in the stall, going to the bathroom, and talking on their phone. I think it's rude for the rest of us who aren't exactly public pee-ers!

yes and then they expect you to not flush cuz they're yapping away.. puh-lease!

This explains the unflushed toilets in public washrooms!!! I had been wondering...

hahaha OH no, I Flush on purpose.. then they have to say "what I didn't hear you" lol
  • juscallmeb
    Options

I would've just got up and left.

i've learned from that and now i don't really hang out with her, sad but oh well.
  • juscallmeb
    Options

yikes. i would probably disown her eventually. my sister does this too, but unfortunately i can't disown her...:tongue:

but she's getting better - mostly due to my apocolyptic b1tching on the matter and ignoring her while i read so she can see how it feels a bit...

LOL
    I actually just don't hang out with her much anymore.. lol
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of people that think they have to be accessible 24/7. Constantly texting.

I will walk away from someone I am conversing with if they start texting.

If someon comes into my man cave and starts texting while we are watching sports or a movie, I'll tell them to put their phone away.

I spend a lot of time alone.

we are like-minded this way!

i don't favor dividing my time spent with people into fractions of minutes...boo! come spend time when you actually want to do so. it drives me nuts when i see people that *have* to answer their phone or respond to a text no matter what. now, if your wife is about to deliver, or your boyfriend is in surgery or something, sure, but when some random acquaintance texts, 'whatsup?', there's really no hurry is there?
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I eventually turned around and said "Excuse me, but this isn't your living room."

She looked pretty shocked, but she did hang up. Might have been one of my more b*tchy moments, but I got a lot of 'thank yous'.

i'm adopting that phrase - great way to get your point across!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

I hate this! I have a friend like this, except it's texting. I start calling her Hollywood and appologize for interupting her, she usually gets the hint. When she doesn't I steal her phone lol.
  • juscallmeb
    Options

I hate this! I have a friend like this, except it's texting. I start calling her Hollywood and appologize for interupting her, she usually gets the hint. When she doesn't I steal her phone lol.

Hollywood. HAHA Love it. I'm going to use that. ;)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    yes.

it also pisses me off when folks go up to the teller window at the bank without having first endorsed the back of their checks and filled out a deposit slip at the handy dandy counter for one to do that (before getting in line for the teller). and, yes, I do sneer at those folks.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    When I was working my second job at Linens and Things and people would come to the register on their phones I would always be extra chatty with them.

Push credit cards

Ask them how their day is

Did you find everything OK?

Oh you're going to love this..... towel your buying it's great!!!!

The whole time they giving me that, can't you see I'm on the phone look.

Sooo much fun
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

If it's a public restroom and not work I yell "Shut up, I'm trying to S***!"
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

The general manager at my last job used to talk to customers on his blue tooth headset while he was taking a dump. No lie!