Stay at home moms!

Options
13»

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 5 year old and a 2-week old (girls).
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My favorite dvds to do at home is Turbo Fire and Slim in Six. I love the intensity of Turbo Fire and I love the resistance training of Slim in 6. Eventually, I would like to get Chalene Extreme. That one looks like it could take the training to the next level. I love working out with Chalene because she is a good motivator, she pushes you. I have the 10 minute Trainer dvds, but I didn't like them as much. Beachbody is the way to go, I think.

I would also like to try Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. Has anyone else tried this one? How do you like it?

I like Chalean Extreme! It doesn't have the snappy Turbo Fire music but it's definitely effective. I prefer it to 30DS but 30DS is definitely a cheaper option. My kids hated it when I started Turbo Fire because I kept singing "Boom I got your boyfriend!" all the time. :bigsmile:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 3 children (5, 3 1/2, 19 months). I finished c25k a few weeks ago and started B210k (which is the continuation of c25k) this week.

I'm on week 2 of c25k. I didn't know there was one after that. What does B210K stand for? Bed to 10K? LOL
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love how this message board topic has grown!! :) Yay for all of the hardworking mommy's! Does anyone have any home videos you follow for exercise at home!?

i do leslie sansome walk the pounds off...4miles it is great
  • kya101
    kya101 Posts: 37
    Options
    I lost 56 lbs after having my son doing 10 minute trainer, hip hop abs, Power90 and the 30 day shredd and walking everyday. I slowly had to change my eating habits, add more healthy foods while dropping the not so good foods. I would recommend any of the beachbody at home videos, I think they are amazing!!! And if time is your problem as it was for me I highly recommend doing 10 minute trainer, you can do one 10 minute set or 3 in a day, but the best part is you don't have to do them all at the same time!!! One of the biggest things I have learnt in my weightloss journey is that 70% of weight loss is what and how you eat. Once I realized this and made come lifestyle changes I really started to see the lbs come off!!!! Hope this was helpful mommies, I tell everyone if I can do it, ANYone can! I never worked out a day in my life or cared about what I was eating until I doubled my size and had some eye openers!!! Good luck all and I love having other SAHM to chat with!!!!
  • Megan5683
    Megan5683 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I' m at stay at home mom of a 22 month old and would love some other stay at home moms to talk to.

Everyone please feel free to add me.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of 2 ( 6yrs and 4yrs) girls. Feel Free to add me.
  • Tarafaith13
    Options
    My favorite dvds to do at home is Turbo Fire and Slim in Six. I love the intensity of Turbo Fire and I love the resistance training of Slim in 6. Eventually, I would like to get Chalene Extreme. That one looks like it could take the training to the next level. I love working out with Chalene because she is a good motivator, she pushes you. I have the 10 minute Trainer dvds, but I didn't like them as much. Beachbody is the way to go, I think.

I would also like to try Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. Has anyone else tried this one? How do you like it?

I like Chalean Extreme! It doesn't have the snappy Turbo Fire music but it's definitely effective. I prefer it to 30DS but 30DS is definitely a cheaper option. My kids hated it when I started Turbo Fire because I kept singing "Boom I got your boyfriend!" all the time. :bigsmile:

That's funny!! Its a catchy song, especially when Chalene sings. One day I will be able to sing while I am working out to TF. LOL!! :laugh:
  • ChristenJohnson
    ChristenJohnson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 yr old mother of 3. I would like to get back into shape or better shape then I was in my twenties. I have a long way to go but Im going to try my best. Im 5'8 and my starting wight was 176. Im very active, even though Im a stay at home mom. Hopefully I will find some support from all the stories and writtings out there.
  • biederwoman
    biederwoman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a stay at home mom of three pregnant with my fourth! I started MFP and lost 14 lbs before getting pregnant. Now I'm just trying not to gain too much before I have the baby and can start over :)
  • Workinmom1986
    Workinmom1986 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i only work part time and am at home with my kiddos the rest of the time would that count? if so add me! i always love trying new recipies :)