Tortilla chips

Options
2»

Replies

• wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Special K has Cracker Crisps that are only 110 calories per 1 oz serving... that may help.

9503649.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat Que Pasa tortilla chips. They are MUCH lower in all those baddies than brands like Tostitos--they are salted juuuust enough to satisfy that sodium craving, but they are way lower in fat, and the calorie difference is astounding--150 cal for 8 multigrain Tostitos versus 260 cal for 30 Que Pasa chips!

You can buy a big bag of them at Costco; they are one of my favourite snacks for those days when I just really need a chip. It's still not as good for you as, say, baby carrots (as I noticed one other member saying), but they're nothing to feel guilty over.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try adding a salsa for nutrition.......don't beat yourself up over it.........nobody's perfect, nor should they be.

Same here, I eat my chips and enjoy them, but I do so with a lot of salsa. The hotter the better, spicy food is an appetite suppressant.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Actually tortilla chips are one of the most healthy and lowest calorie snack chips. Tostido's 24 chips for like 140 calories. Add some salsa at 25 cals per tbsp and enjoy! Try to choose those that just have corn and salt, oil and nothing else
  • rockbass
    rockbass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    3 hard taco shells are around 110 calories. Break them up, toast in the over for a few minutes, and sprinkle just a bit of salt on them. I find it to be an awesome substitute, and it visually looks like a lot of chips.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I refuse to live a life without tortilla chips. And I refuse to eat the baked ones.

The Frontera brand is quite low in sodium (75mg per serving) and fried in corn oil. They're awesome. When I eat them, I weigh one serving - which used to seem like a small number of chips but now I sometimes don't even finish my serving.

I do sometimes bake corn tortillas to crisp them for tostadas or strips in soup or on salad, though.