What was your breaking point?

Options
It was when my "fat" jeans became my "skinny" jeans.

Replies

• wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Seeing myself in pictures from my cruise.

9503649.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ScarletKuriboh
    Options
    When I couldn't keep up with my 7 year old niece..
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Amen...I had a pair of size 16 old navy jeans that I loved. When they got too tight, i knew something might be up, but I just ignored it until I weighed myself and realized I was 210 pounds. Now I can't even wear them because they are so big!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Going shopping with my skinny sister (size2) and her trying to keep me from getting upset when nothing fit
  • webbwards
    Options
    When I realized all I wanted to do when I got home from work was sit on the couch becasue I was too tired to do anything else.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    When my stomach stuck our farther than my breasts in a t-shirt.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    It was when my "fat" jeans became my "skinny" jeans.

Huh what a coincidence. Mine too.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Pretty much the same. I finally realized none of my clothes fit properly and that would mean going up at least one size, maybe even shopping in the plus section. Now when I look in the mirror, the image looking back at me looks like the one I had still been seeing in my head. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. lol
  • monikajj
    Options
    ...when smiling for a photo ALWAYS produced a double chin.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel pretty and not fat any more I get disquisted with the way clothes fit and I probably change into clothes 5 times a day because it doesnt look the way I want it. I just want to be healthy!
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It was the jeans -- I stopped wanting to wear jeans at all they were so uncomfortable.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    When my out-of-town grandma said "oh, you were so fit and trim when we saw you before." Ouch!
  • WATRD
    WATRD Posts: 25
    Options
    When my suit didn't fit for the company holiday party and I had to do the walk of shame to a store for new pants...
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was seeing a picture of myself and I didn't look like myself. It was very upsetting because it was the heaviest I had ever been.
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    When I was fed up with being depressed and emotional about my weight--- that was my wake up call!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    When I came to terms with the scale screaming 230 at me and my dr said it was time for bp meds... I was only 32!
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When my daughter mentioned this site after it helped her and she knew that I could do it.....then I stepped on the scales and started to cry. Now, no longer plus size...I never want to see a plus size anything in my closet once I hit goal!
  • fitterdancer
    Options
    When a dress that had been loose when I bought it stopped doing up.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When somebody tagged me on a picture in FB, and I was a blimp compared to everyone else in the picture.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    When my stomach got bruised in my size 14 jeans....I knew it was time to make a change and when I got tired of people saying you are losing weight AGAIN...from the roller coaster affect! I always had been up and down...I realized I wanted a lifestyle!