What do you put in your Greek yogurt?!?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and maple syrup!
    Or jello mix!
  • Molldoll0702
    Molldoll0702 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon natural crunchy peanut butter, 1 tablespoon sugar free preserves, 1 Truvia packet...yum!!!
  • clean115
    Options
    CINNAMON! :)
  • CorrieJane
    CorrieJane Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    ahh this thread is great, I've been looking for new ways to eat greek yogurt!!! I either get the flavored ones from chobani, or mix alittle honey and fresh fruit into the plain
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    honey, homemade strawberry jam or sunflower seeds
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like to add sugar free instant jello mix. For example, if you mix a tbsp or two of the sugar free cheesecake jello mix in with plain greek yogurt and add a bit of honey or sweetener it tastes just like cheesecake! And there are so many flavors :)

I also like to add fruit, granola, ground flax seeds, fruit preserves (currently in love with raspberry and peach), and occasionally I'll bake it with sugar on top to make a breakfast creme brulee :) YUM.

Also, I use it instead of sour cream, like in my mashed potatoes, with veggies, and on meat.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump....Yummy ideas!
  • magnumgirl
    magnumgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Peanut Butter!!! I never thought of that one. I know what I'm having tomorrow for Breakfast. Thanks I always just put fresh fruit and a little Fibre One cereal. Or Granola.
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    wow! What a help this post has been. Never thought of adding some of these things like the jello and the pudding/peanut butter..
    I will add dill weed and some garlic salt and use for a dip with carrots/celery.
  • catintheshell
    Options
    sweet- honey, homemade apple butter, no-sugar added fruit spreads, fresh or frozen berries (dark cherries are the best IMO!), low-fat granolas...

savory- anything that calls for sour cream, mixed with tuna to make tuna salad, all sorts of dips!

i love Greek yogurt so much. i was being cheap last week and just bought plain blended yogurt, and it's been a real rough week. XD

this thread is giving me many more ideas...
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh man, anything and everything - I also put my Greek yogurt in stuff! I pretty much use it in place of sour cream/cream cheese/mayonnaise! It's great as raita (with cucumber, mint, garlic and celery seed), or a taco topping (chipotle peppers, lime and cilantro), in smoothies, or with any kind of berry, mango, nuts, canned pumpkin/honey mixed in...I love Greek Yogurt :D
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Grape nuts, but you have to measure just a small amount because they are calorie dense. Fresh blueberries are yum, too.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I add garlic salt some grated parmesan and a little salt and pepper. Then I dip veggies in it. Hey, it might be good with dry ranch dressing mix in it too. :smile:
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    cocoa powder & splenda.

juice from a lemon & splenda.

berries.

pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice & splenda.

homemade applesauce.

rarely, because I'll eat too much of it ... walnuts & pure maple syrup.

My current fave Greek yogurt is Oikos 2%. I also like Liberté brand.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Granola!!
    I keep four different varieties of granola around and pick whichever one is best for my needs (more protein/less calories/no sugar/ect)
    I usually buy the flavored chobani, pinapple is so yum, and blueberry with honey granola tastes just like a muffin.
    I am for sure buying some plain and making a veggie dip now though, I miss veggie dips so much!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    flaxseed, oats, cinnamon, stevia, protein powder, berries...

However, I am definately going to try it with peanut butter now! YUM!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Wanted to say thanks, today I bought some plain fat free and used it on my baked potato. Yum! I'm for sure going to find some uses for the rest of that container!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My spoon.
  • Gretnamaba
    Gretnamaba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump! I got some on the weekend and I've been wondering what to put in it.