Night time Snack Ideas?

Options
Hello everyone!!

I need some advice. I workout late at night. Between 8pm to 10pm. This is after I had dinner and the kiddo is in bed. I do 1.5 hours of cardio and 20 mins of Ab workouts, six days a week. I'm finding myself starving!!! Sometimes I have a couple crackers and cheese. Carrots. etc. Which is not cutting it at all, at least, not for my tummy.

Any recommendations on what I should do? I tend to keep myself at 1200 to 1500 calories per day. I'm at a healthy weight range and i'm now just working on toning up. Any sin free snacks anyone recommends?

I would love some ideas! Thanks!
:smile:

Replies

• slimndownat48
    slimndownat48 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would tend to have a protein shake
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I keep cantelope cubed up in the fridge to snack on when I've got the muchies.
  • TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    either a smoothie or a bowl of healthy cereal minus the milk, makes it seem more like a snack
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Fat free greek yogurt.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I like to eat the chocolate rice cakes, low in calories and they seem to fill me up pretty good.
  • kathy0317
    Options
    Low sugar protein powder with 1 cup low fat almond milk. I use a chocolate one and it's 162 calories total, if I use vanilla it's 155. The protein after the workout is good for you too.
    Or, as my kin student daughter tells me... apparently low-fat chocolate milk (regular or soy) is a good post workout drink/snack too.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i always pop some popcorn. I bought a glass jar type thing so I can now just buy kernels and make it on my own with no butter. Healthy and filling
  • RmIIImc70
    RmIIImc70 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Some of my favorites are: apple& a bit of cheese or peanut butter, roasted delicata squash wedges with cayenne, frozen blueberries with a dash of cool whip lite on it. I also make a peanut butter /chic pea dip like hummus that cuts down the fat and calories but is super filling with an apple or celery. I also make veggie soup and have a cup if I am starved. Also, a cup of tea helps at night for me. Good for you for working out after the kids are in bed. looking forward to hearing other ideas.
  • rachaelmae79
    rachaelmae79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yogurt or granola bar or healthy popcorn.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Fat free yogurt, peanut butter or protein shake. Great workouts though!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My nightly treat is a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 calories) and a piece of whole wheat toast (100 calories) with Parkay Spray butter. You could slap a little bit of peanut butter on the toast for some more protein.
  • jenvic
    jenvic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! those are great ideas. I will try them all. =)
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    90 cal fiber brownie:)
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Pop popcorn. Its 39 calories per cup. I sometimes sprinkle it with a little water or balsamic and nutritional yeast (makes it cheesy and is quite popular with vegans and high in protein).
    Or I just add some pepper or cinnamon.
    You can also just air pop popcorn with no oil and spritz a tiny bit of water on it before salting so it sticks.

Julie's organic sorbet bars are really creamy and large and only 60 calories and all natural - no fake sweeteners.

Sometimes I have a cup of tea or hot cocoa or a 1/4 of an organic dark chocolate bar (good with the skinny pop popcorn).

Another idea that I have seen but never done is take strawberries and dip them in a healthy vanilla yogurt and then freeze them - YUM!