my hips are huge

Options
im 175 lbs and i wear size 16. i was wearing a size 18. i would be happy wearing a size 9-12. anyone else have big hips too. its frustrating to see so many women wearing smaller jeans then me and being the same weight. i feel kinda jealous

Replies

• SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", 244, and I wear a size 18. God blessed me with hips and buns. I'm happy with both of them. My figure is now a pear (was once an hour glass but then I had a baby and that changed the game plan). Wanting to change the composition of your body and how it is naturally built is like wishing you were taller or shorter. It's not going to happen, so you might as well love every curve that you have!
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ME! ME! I went from a size 16 and 175lbs to a size 12 and 155. I can squeeze into a few pairs of 10's....my waist is plenty small enough. They are just very snug in the hip/thigh area. I would so LOVE to be in an 8 or a 10 regularly.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    im 175 lbs and i wear size 16. i was wearing a size 18. i would be happy wearing a size 9-12. anyone else have big hips too. its frustrating to see so many women wearing smaller jeans then me and being the same weight. i feel kinda jealous

Don't be sad hon. Rock those 16's like there's no tomorrow. Nobody has to know what the size is except you.

*hugs*
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! Even when I was smaller, I had to deal with pants, jeans, skirts NEVER fitting me right! Too big in the waist, because I needed the room for the hips -- so you always have that waist gap to deal with. I'm a size 14 now and still losing -- at my smallest (a size 4/5) I still had to deal with it. I love my hips though, and I've never had any complaint from guys about them; i think guys find the smaller waist, with some hips really attractive!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Me too! I have wide hips. At 120 im still a size 5 when i see others my weight in a 1! >.>
  • gabbyhayes82
    Options
    thanks guys
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter that was about 160lbs and she's lost weight, about 20-25lbs and she has big hips/thighs..and she is wearing a size 10 now....
    She told me that as far as her hips/thighs goes, she's accepted that this is the way her body is built....

And that is the best attitude to have about that....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 145lbs and can wear a size 10 in any store/any brand (from expensive to cheap). I can wear 8's and the occasional 6, but I find that for some reason... clothing manufacturers cut size 8 way too narrow in the hips for me. My waist is pretty small (I can wear my boyfriends size 30 jeans and shorts comfortably) but I have to accommodate those dang hips. I usually buy the 10 and a nice belt to go with them. lol. I just feel more comfortable in the 10's overall. Like I said, I do have a few 8's but finding an 8 that fits my hips is difficult.

I see quite a few women on here or even in real life that are my same height and weight who are wearing 4's and 6's comfortably. I've accepted that I just have wider hips and am okay with it. :)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    um..this is not a bad thing..from a guys perspective =)

Just saying...
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! Even when I was smaller, I had to deal with pants, jeans, skirts NEVER fitting me right! Too big in the waist, because I needed the room for the hips -- so you always have that waist gap to deal with. I'm a size 14 now and still losing -- at my smallest (a size 4/5) I still had to deal with it. I love my hips though, and I've never had any complaint from guys about them; i think guys find the smaller waist, with some hips really attractive!

Guys do love it! It is the "waist to hip" ratio thing. I've ALWAYS had it that way, might as well love it. :-D

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SannaBourne
    Options
    hey dont worry about it too much, its a good thing to have hips ! :) when i was losing weight i was getting pissed off, like ugh why am i bigger pants size than her if i weigh less than her .. but! if you continue on your weight loss journey you will make it work and eventually you will be at the pants size you want to be :) just keep swimming just keep swimming haha
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm 169 and wearing 15s. Just to give you some perspective.

I like my shape!
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ever since i can remember I've been a size 10.. At my smallest I was a 44" hips that's frame not fat. You jut have to accept that your dresses and skirts will always need altering. Also the gap curvy are the best jeans I've found for the frame I have. And always love yourself for you who are!
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Me too hun i'm 5 3 and i measure in at about 41" hips... unfortunatly they wont go down much even with weight loss. personally i'd rather have my hips than none!
  • latinahada
    Options
    I have big hips, booty & thighs...Always have. Even when I was at 135# (which is a good weight for me) I still wore a 10 or 12, just because I had to have room, that's just the way I'm built. I used to hate, but I've grown to LOVE it and own it :)
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hips are good- look at JLo and Kim K. I have hips and I love it ---when the waist to hip ratio is uh- more defined :ohwell:
  • LaEsperanza
    Options
    yup tell me about it!! same issue! expt am 163 and wear size 11-10 in pants .. I am 5'3
    I have always struggled with my hips being wide .. measuring at 44 inches , when i was 120 lbs i used to wear size 6-7 jeans!
    I love my hips though i just want them to narrow down a little and match the rest of my body! my waist is small and i love that!! even after having 2 kids!! people with wide hips tend to have flatter belly !! Love ur curves girl ;) thin gurls envy u!!!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 6' and 179, wearing a 16. Lots of girls my height/weight, are wearing a 10, but not me! Mine is more the booty than the hips, but the same issue! The other day, a guy said i had. "snow white skin with a black girl @ss." I took that as a compliment!! I love my butt! I hope it gets a little smaller along with the rest of me, but i'd be sad if i lost it all! And my husband would probably even more sad!! :wink:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

I'm 161 lbs and I wear a size fourteen. Don't feel too bad! My hips are just wide. I could never be a super small size, even if my stomach was flat.
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Try a curvy cut in pants. Levi's make a really awesome pair of curvy bootcut jeans (529s).