T.H.E. Team (trying hard everyday) October '11

Options
Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process because obtaining success is always a work in progress.

Welcome back to our previous members & any new members that clicked on this thread out of curiosity. I asked Cyndi (losingit4good) if I could take over as moderator for this thread & she handed me the reins:flowerforyou:

I have made one slight change to this thread. Weigh-in days are on Mondays. For me, that the best day to weigh in (the weekend is behind me & I can focus on the week ahead when it comes to losing weight) & then not foul up on the following weekend because I have to step on the scale again every Monday morning. Dr. Oz. says that the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up.Roll out of bed, visting the bathroom & step on the scale.
As always, please share what you feel comfortable sharing.

As a refresher on how this thread works:
SW/ GW/ CW

SW= your starting weight
GW= your goal weight
CW= current weight

I would like to challenge each of you to set a goal. This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. Choose a goal that you want to reach this week. It can be drinking all your water, watching your sodium intake, exercising every day or eating all your veggies. It doesn't matter what the goal is, as long as you are committed to the challenge."People with goals succeed because they know where they're going"

So let's wipe the slate clean & introduce ourselves.

Replies

• Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I'm going to try to get back to the group. It's been months since I've been active.

Updates-
    no longer smoking
    cut soda intake by at least 75%
    drinking lots of water

Hoping to get a little more active.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would like to join!

My goal,

To get in at least three days of excercise.

SW 143 (as of this morning)
    CW 143
    GW 135
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely like to join!!!

Oh my goal is to perfect my own choreography in bellydancing.. :) That's about 45 mns of bellydancing a day.. roughly 457 cals burnt. :) All the healthy stuff I have to do anyway.. :p

Starting: 210lbs
    Current: 207.5
    Goal: 180 lbs.

I'm pregnant but my OB advised me to go ahead and lose the weight so long as I eat healthy and take my vitamins.. I just have to walk alot and do belly dancing. :) It's actually therapeutic during pregnancy. I'm about 7 months along and obesity runs in my family so I have to kick it before it gets to the point to where I lose hope (like my mother and sister). She just said to leave the 20 pound pocket... and not to push it... if I level out near the end of pregnancy not to worry about it. :) I don't know how successful I'll even be... my cravings are crazy!!!! Pancakes with cinnamon and semi sweet chocolate chips... yum!!! :p I'm horrible... :p
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking over Dreamer! I'll update everyone later with what's going on, but for now here's a rough outline.

1.) hubby been traveling alot for work. I've seen him a total of 5 days over the past 6 weeks.
    2.) I started back to school to work on my degree at the end of Sept.
    3.) my closest aunt has 2weeks to 6 months and I live closest to her so I'm "the family member in charge"
    4.) my oldest (adopted) child is due with her 2nd baby in 3 weeks.
    5.) my weight loss journey is starting over. I weighed in yesterday at 228.8. (ugh)

After seeing the results of gaining on my scale yesterday I went for a long walk, then hit the grocery store. Stocked my fridge with healthy options. Also dusted off the treadmill & walked on that for a while.

I don't know how often I can check in, but I will do my best to get here as often as possible.
    I'll be using the food log religiously here again, so feel free to harass me about it if needed. I've made it public again.

Looking forward to having my motivational, healthy, friends keep me in check. I felt so much better when I was working out regularly & eating right. ;0)
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

Good job on the new Thread, Dreamer! I am soooo excited to have a support group to talk with again. I would LOVE to talk with everyone...and will do my best, after all we're all in this together.

So....Dreamer...how are you doing after your surgery...and the rough summer you've had? All downhill from now on, I hope.

I took a little "Diet Vacation" in August and September. But back on the band wagon. Got DH HIS food and MY food on my last grocery trip...now just keep him out of MY good foods. Lost two of the seven I gained,,,feein' good!

Kelly....so happy to "see" you again! Looks like you're making GREAT progress improving your health! Not SMOKING!!!!!! SO PROUD. I know how hard that is.

Hi Sarah...tell us about yourself...working...SAHM...mother of how many? Have fun with your exercises...shake it up!

Topaz! My best friend belly dances....at 60...and danced through TWO pregnancies! Good for you..I am SO impressed! Welcome!

Cyndi (Losing4good), you are making some pretty impressive life changes...including grandmother hood! Awesome! What's the degree you're working on? Check in as often as you can...we love hearing from you.

Hope you come back Angel!

My Goal...log my foods. When I know I have to log them (and it's opened for my friends to see) I tend to be more thoughtful in my eating. Once I'm in that habit...back to exercising....again.

Happy Losing....*Ü*
  • sally2303
    sally2303 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Newbie here - would love to join if you will have me!! I am aiming to set myself a goal each week so I can improve one step at a time :) Big HI to everyone!!

Im 27, work full time, study in my own time and play hockey during the winter (and I am a proud Aussie) However I have let myself slip away.

Here are my stats:

SW= 83.2kg
    GW= 65kg
    CW= 80.4kg

Goal for week one: Drink more water - I definately dont drink enough, and will reach for anything instead of it (soda, coffee, tea, cordial.... etc)
    Goal for week two: Exercise everyday (even if it is just a small amount)

Good luck to everyone - speak to you all soon

Sal xox
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hiya Vikalyn!!! :)
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks for the messages Vikki and Dreamer. With support like that i had to come back.

To catch up and for those who don't "know" me

I am a 33 y/o mum to two kids 6 and 5. This september i started studying for my degree full time at uni. I struggle with a sugar addiction. I don't know if i've managed more than a week without chocolate or cakes since January when i joined this site.

I hate exercise but had till recently been managing to do some 3 or 4 times a week. I do Zumba on a friday night as it has a high calorie burn for me. I do dvd's at other times. Usually i do Zumba even when i'm not in the mood and when i'm there i push through and am generally glad i did it. Last time though i actually left after 15 minutes. I just couldn't do it. I was there and moving but i dont' know i just didn't feel like i was actually putting any effort into it. It's hard to describe it. I'll be back tomorrow night and hopefully it will go much better. I still haven't figured out an exercise timetable to fit in with uni. No i'm not going to get up hours earlier to do something before the kids get up.

For a goal hmm to not have chocolate more than once a week? To exercise at least 3 times a week. I also want a slightly longer one to lose 10more lbs by christmas. May be goal there will actually help stay on track better.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hi all. It's always good to see old and new members here. Welcome all new members.

I've been a member of this forum since June 2009. I come and I go like a lot of members. Usually life gets in the way and I get distracted with other things. I'm hoping that getting back here will help me not only loose the weight that I've re-gained but help me with some other things that I've been struggling with.

I have stopped smoking. For those who don't know, I've smoked for over 15 years and I'm only 26. Good thing though is that every time I'm in the doctors office, they have no idea. The last chest x-ray I had a year back, showed no evidence what so ever that I even smoked. I can't take the chance any longer though. I actually stopped enjoying it. I figured what a better time to quit then now. It has made it easier.

I am a mother to a 3 year old little girl. She keeps me busy. I work in a nursing home. Since I started working in the home I noticed that my physical activity level went down big down. I went from working with dogs in the kennels to more lighter work. I had dropped almost 40 pounds and 30 inches off my total body. I have since gained it all back. I'm down to one pop a day :) For me that's huge. I mean huge. I'm drinking water like crazy. It's with me all the time. At work, at home, in the car.... I carry it with me and suck it down. I love it. Well, if I keep telling myself that, maybe it will come true :) A good "flush" feels good right about now.

That's pretty much it about me. I'm a huge facebook user so if any one wants to add me feel free. I'm friends with quite a few members.

Cyndi-I'm very sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope that things get better and you don't let it get in your way of being healthy. Your such an inspiration. Congrats on the soon birth :)

vikalyn-Great job on the thread.

Again welcome all new members :)

**Kelly**
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

It IS so exciting to see old and new friends. I've had a long week of meetings after work and a date night with my sister and NEED to hit the sack. I'll get my bio out tomorrow. Keep up the good work...and stick to that goal!

Happy Losing....*Ü*
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the note on the thread. I have to get ready for work so will have to catch up with you all later.

Nice to see you all and the newbies too :)
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Just checking in. It's mid afternoon and I haven't even had my first cup of water yet. I've been running around like a chicken with no head. Trying to get all my school paper work done so I can start soon. I got some cleaning to do, and other than that I'm enjoying my day off.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Well, I ran around today with my daughter. Literally. I moved the couches and put on some music and ran around. I lasted for about 25 minutes.... I was wore out lol. I made a healthy dinner. Lots of veggies. Made pot roast. I made sure all the fat was cut off. I ate my veggies first. I did good with my water. I usually drink more while I'm at work, but being home I think I did good. I packed my lunch for tomorrow. I did left overs, and then raw veggies for a snack. No pop today at all. So proud of me.

So, my goal tomorrow is to use the stairs instead of the elevator as much as possible. And continue drinking water.

What's your goal?
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hey! thanks for inviting me to the thread!

SW: 160
    CW: 150.0
    GW: 125/130

my goal for this week is to log everything...i know it sounds weird but lately i haven't been logging as much and i'm falling off the wagon!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    It's great to log everything. That's awesome. It really helps you see and kinda hold you accountable for what your putting in your mouth.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

It's Sunday morning and I've failed in my goal already, logging my food every day (yes, Dancer, it's really not that easy....so it's a good goal). But I'll do my best to remember. I know my Friday sucked...and yesterday, as with most weekends, is light eating, until dinner. It's deer hunting season here and we have guests sleeping in our garage. I don't have to entertain them as they're in the hills trying to get their winters meat, but I do fix them a hearty dinner. Last night I fixed a hamburger pasta dish. Pretty tasty. Making stew tonight...it was COLD this morning, actually got our first frost finally!

Yea Kelly! Another water drinker. I carry around a 52 oz insulated "Bubba Mug". I fill it with ice, and when I get to work I add water, sometimes twice a day. Sometimes I'll squirt a little lemon juice or lime juice over the ice for a touch of flavor. By days end, the mug is near empty...if not entirely. Taking stairs...good goal!

Howdy Topaz...hope to see you here again! As well as Sarah, Deb (CrazybeeRX), Sally, Cyndi and DREAMER! She resurrected this thread, after all.

VICKY...so happy you're back! We have a lot in common, besides our name. Sugar addict..check...hate exercise...CHECK! I've heard you talk about Zumba and really didn't know what it was until QVC (a TV shopping network here in the Colonies) was featuring it to sell. Holy Moly...I'm WAY too old for all of that gyrating...lol. I get a dark chocolate bar (usually with some kind of filling...I like ginger) and keep it in the freezer. Not every night, but at least two or three I'll break off a portion and let it slowly melt in my mouth. It helps, and dark chocolate does have some health benefits. My big bugaboo is after lunch...I want cookies! I had cookies once last week, hope to have NONE next week.

Off to catch up on my logging. See ya later!

Happy Losing...*Ü*
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    "My life tomorrow will be the result of the choices I make today.":flowerforyou:

First, I want to say welcome to all the new members & welcome back to the members who were here before.
    :blushing: I guess being the NEW moderator of this, I should have done my bio on my first post. For the new members that don't know me - it's been a rough year. 5 of my relatives passed away in 2011 (hoping NOT to lose anymore before the year ends) & also had a total right foot reconstruction in June due to Posterior Tibial Tendon Disease (an extra bone had shredded the tendon that wraps around my arch causing it to collapse) & I've just recently started feeling shocks in my foot, which my doctor says is the nerve endings coming back to life - but I am still facing another 8 months of rehab before everything is back to normal. I'm able to drive for short distances & also walk without any assistance (scooter, crutches, walker) & am going to the doctor tomorrow to be fitted with the last brace I'll need to strengthen my foot & get it to point straight again instead of off to the right.
    Looking ahead, I am planning a trip for my husband & I to Hawaii (the BI & Maui) in June to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I have our flight, hotels & car rental already reserved so now I am just working on the details. Our goal is to get below 250 in order to be able to take a helicopter (with no doors) ride 500 ft. over the Volcano. By the time our trip comes around, I want to be WAY below 250 & know that I will get there now that I can start exercising again. :happy:
    I am also planning on quitting smoking on 1-1-12. I know I should quit now, but with the stress of the upcoming holidays - that is not possible. I want to focus on my weight loss right now, get the holidays behind me & then I WILL quit.
    SW: 252
    CW: 253.5
    GW: 160 or less
    Yes, my CW is above what my SW was, but after months of not being able to exercise due to the surgery, the numbers are starting to drop again & I am working hard to make sure they keep dropping.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Here is something to post on the fridge or pantry door for when your sweet tooth kicks in, so you can walk away from them & hopefully help you to keep the numbers going the right way on the scale

WHAT HAVE I LOST?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whales brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephants heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephants penis
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Losing 20 pounds would certainly get rid of most of MY spare tire...:tongue:
    Living in a rural area, I see lots of new born calves...and help deliver one once! Holy Cow I can't believe I'm carrying around a new born calf! :noway: