needing support right now

Options
A little about me , I am 34 years old mom of 3 , Married May 2011 to my soul mate. I have been the over weight kid, teen and now mom. I let myself get up to 343 pounds , lazy i guess since we all know we need to exercise and eat right. Once I saw those numbers on the scale I knew I was done , I have had enough. It's time for a change , so i bagged my husband to get the family a member ship at the gym. Well he did thank you baby. I have lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks which is great and I should be proud of myself, but I took one day off from the gym ( I have been doing little workouts around the house) and have not ate as good as i should of , too many cappuccinos and I feel depressed and miserable. I just need support right now, Back to the gym tomorrow and maybe no more days off if they are all going to feel like this!!!

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    One day is nothing. This is a lift-long journey. One day won't screw you up. Just get back on the program tomorrow and don't beat yourself up. Go search the sucess stories board for some inspiration! There was a lady on there today that lost 250lbs.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Going every day is a good idea. Don't beat yourself over 1 day, but be sure to take a breath and go tomorrow. I just make sure that I drink plenty of water! Your 2 year old will keep you busy running around and is a great inspiration. I have 2 teenager and a 4 year old. How's this for motivation - lose the weight - your little one will NEVER know you as overweight! That realization has kept me mostly on the straight and narrow. You do deserve to be proud of yourself!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Great job on 4 weeks of awesomeness and 11lbs! That is really fabulous progress!

Talk to hubby, get a great big hug, and have a nice warm bath tonight. Tomorrow is on its way and you will be right back to non-miserable hardworking wonderful you! It is important to take days off now and then to rest your muscles, you need some time to recover. Perhaps a short walk around the block or even just up and down your driveway for 20 mins will help elevate your mood.

I hope your depressed thoughts pass quickly, you really are doing well! *hug*
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Awww..hun! You are doing great! One day at a time!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    You can get there... remember to observe your little victories instead of seeing the big picture. The things you take inspiration from, keep those close... pictures, pants you want to wear hang on the wall, etc... whatever your drive, use it. Your taking steps and going down the path to fixing the whole picture... a healthier, lighter, fitter you!!!! You CAN do this, you are worth the effort ;)
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I know it's hard, but try to focus on what you HAVE done. Eleven pounds in 4 weeks is amazing!
    I can relate to feeling down about things, and I hope you find a lot of support here. Don't be hard on yourself and remember that the scale isn't the only thing you should focus on. Think about how your clothes fit, and how you feel, like if you have more energy.

And again, 11 lbs. in 4 weeks. Yeah! You should totally be proud. What's stopping you?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's only one day. Dust yourself off, jump back on the wagon and keep going. Live and learn. I promise that one day isn't going to undo all your hard work. Just make sure one day doesn't turn into two and then three and so on.

No worries. No guilt. No beating yourself up over it.

Congrats on the loss!
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey this is one of the hardest things I have had to do. It hard with out support and MFP has been great. I have been on here for three weeks and on those down days everyone gives you the best support! I weigh 117.3 kg and struggled with my weight since about age 8 yrs. I battle daily with laziness but after about a week and a few bad days, things really kicked in for me I have sooooo much energy and feel so happy. I have a long road a head and a lot to learn but taking it hour by hour and forgiving yourself for you mistakes past and present really helped me to just move on from that bad large packet of chips or whatever it may me. I wish you all the best and hope that we can help you through your dark days and get you to forgive and get to to that place you need too be! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    hey I may not be the best person to give advice ....because I'm only human.....first you have to set a schedule to work out if your an am person get up before the kids if your a night person when you put the kids to bed..... don''t go into this as a "we" thing YOU must do it for yourself....it helps them later I tried this my Honey and the kids think I'm crazy but since I do the cooking I can control some of what they eat but everything I eat~~~ I don't eat great but I try.....we can be friends if you like..I always need support:)

great on your lbs dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • laylina
    laylina Posts: 50
    Options
    Its hard when you feel like you failed :frown: so do something to remind yourself of how far you have come and how well you are doing. Grab a paper and right down everything you have done right and goals you have achieved. then you should reward yourself with something relaxing you enjoy. I like to take a bubble bath with candles =) your doing great!!! keep it up!! you are strong just to be on this hard journey:smile:
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I know it's hard, but try to focus on what you HAVE done. Eleven pounds in 4 weeks is amazing!
    This - & you just have to take it one day at a time. Tomorrow will be better; a fresh new start yet again. You've already taken steps in the right direction. You can do this & we're all here to support you! :flowerforyou:
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Your doing amazing :flowerforyou: and everyone has those days where life get's in the way, or, you just don't feel like doing it. The important thing is to get back on track the next day. One day isn't the end of the world, and unless you allow yourself to get into a rut, and fall back into the old habits, won't change a whole lot :smile: Feel free to add me, I have alot to lose as well and everyone can always use more support, whether they have 1 pound to lose or 100.
  • ascott048
    Options
    Congrats on the loss so far! It sounds like you are taking all the steps in the right direction, keep going and don't give up.:smile:
  • g1rb0xr
    Options
    Let me start by saying...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! At 344 lbs, I decided to lay on the floor and do some sit-ups one day. I can't tell you how I felt when I realized that I was SO fat that my head was hovering at least an inch above the ground because my back was too fat for my head to touch the floor. That was the last straw for me. I'm 38 and I have never been small. I crossed the 200lb mark in elementary school and I have weighed over 300 lbs since graduating from high school. I have arthritis in both knees and in one shoulder. All of that being said, I keep looking at my 6 yr old son and realizing how much I still need to teach and show him. Something has snapped in me and although my fitness binges usually only last a week or two, I've been able to sustain this one for about a month now. Lolll...I have drawn inspiration from reading testimonial after testimonial of others who have managed to loose weight and keep it off. I have also had to remind myself that I didn't get fat overnight...and the weight won't come off like that either. I gave myself a short term goal of 30 lbs and found friends who let me report my progress to them every Friday morning. The first week I knew I had to tell someone if I gained or lost, I found myself pushing harder because I knew I'd be embarrassed to say I gained...even to friends. I also found that I love using the myfitnesspal app on my phone and it really helps me be mindful of what to grab for a snack. Lastly...I realized that I overate a lot because I was rushing. There is a McDonald's about 1 mile from my house and I realized that I memorized the voices of everyone who worked the drive-thru. They could tell who I was too and three or four people started coming to the window to say hi when I'd pull in. I realized that if I ask my son what he wants to eat, he only names things from the McDonald's menu. It may not be the best approach, but I am drawing inspiration from the pain I have felt about teaching my son bad eating habits, the pain in my knees, the pain of not being able to buy clothes I like......Whatever you're feeling, know that you're not alone! It hurt to be fat, even if you're sexy and fat! Lollll..Don't be hard on yourself. Know that you will have good days and bad days...or weeks...but don't give up. Know that there are other people out here who are going through the exact same things that you're feeling, then remind yourself...if others can loose weight and keep it off, so can you! So far, I've lost 19 lbs in about 6 weeks. If you want, I'll be glad to be your buddy on here and you can post to me anytime about how you're feeling. I understand what it feels like to have to move 340+ pounds around to exercise. It's not easy, but it's not impossible either. If 600 lb people can exercise, so can we. Rest yourself for one more day, then get back to it! You can do it!
  • g1rb0xr
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • georgiagirl424
    Options
    Try your best to stay focused and remember your goals. Do not have too many days where you slip up because you will get comfortable again. It is tough, I have been there and still struggling. Keep encouraging quotes around (esp on the mirror because you stated you want to look in the mirror and have that self esteem!) The days you can't/don't go to the gym, make sure you do good home exercises! I bought Jillian Michael work out video for $9 at Walmart - it is worth it. It is like a personal trainer at home! Good luck :)