What's your next run/race?

Options
Who here has a fun-run or race on the horizon? I'm stupidly excited about mine - I've signed up for the Variety Australia Santa Fun Run - 5k wearing a santa suit! heehee! I'm so excited, I saw it last year and thought "Man, that looks like fun" so now I have my run back on I knew the exact event to sign up for first!

How about you? :D

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoy it! My son and I are doing the UW (university of washington) Dawg Dash next Sunday. They call it a 5k but last year it was a little over 3.3 miles. After that, I have a half Marathon on Thanksgiving weekend.
  • Reisse62
    Reisse62 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That sounds fun...I live in Seattle, where can I get the deets on that race?
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    My next race isn't until Jan but then I'll have 3. Two 1/2 marathons and one full marathon. I can't wait. I love races so much better than all the training!

Enjoy your races all!
  • Reisse62
    Reisse62 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh and I am doing a 13.1 October 29th. The Salty's 1/2 marathon.
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Doing the Run, Creep, and Crawl 5K tomorrow. Trying to figure out how to make myself look like a zombie.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    That sounds fun...I live in Seattle, where can I get the deets on that race?

PM sent :)

My next run is Sunday morning. It's my "long" run as I prep for the Seattle half Marathon in November.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Ghosts and Goblins race on Tuesday! About 7000 of my closest friends and most of us in costume!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Sydney, The 7 Bridges WALK, end of October. Would love to manage the whole 25km but will do what I can. Great way to see beautiful parts of Sydney, for anyone who is interested.

http://www.7bridgeswalk.com.au/

Fund raiser for the cancer coucil.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do a Zombie one, I wonder if there are any in Brisbane?

After a few 5ks I'm going to have to sign up for a 10... and then beyond, I fantasize about doing a marathon but I'm not sure I'd ever get there!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    AZ Rugged Maniac November 5th
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Lungs for Life 5k fundraiser in Greenville South Carolina on November 12. I can't wait.
  • peacefrog08109
    peacefrog08109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Philly AIDS walk, Oct 15th. My family does it every year in memoriam for my uncle who passed in 1988. It's 8.3 miles and this year my dad and I are planning on running. I'm skeptical tho. A)I'm not a runner. B)I've slacked off in the running the past few weeks C) I just quit smoking in the past 2 weeks and I have this obnoxious little smoker cough and D) the furthest I've run up until now was 4.2 miles. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed you don't hear about me on the news. :)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Who here has a fun-run or race on the horizon? I'm stupidly excited about mine - I've signed up for the Variety Australia Santa Fun Run - 5k wearing a santa suit! heehee! I'm so excited, I saw it last year and thought "Man, that looks like fun" so now I have my run back on I knew the exact event to sign up for first!

How about you? :D

I'm thinking about doing this one as well. Hope it's not too hot out!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about doing this one as well. Hope it's not too hot out!
    haha! I'm already planning my under-suit outfit... tech or bike shorts and a christmas singlet! haha! :D
  • liquidsnape
    Options
    A heel bruise has sidelined me for a couple weeks, had to cut back to 10mi/wk compared to my normal 20+mi/wk .I have a 5k scheduled for Nov 26. Then I begin my half-marathon/marathon training 13.1 6 months out and 26.2 a year out with hopefully lots of 5 and 10ks in between
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do a zombie one, too, but as far as I know there aren't any in the UK. :(
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My son & I are doing the Vampire Run 5k in Fort Worth on 10/29. This will be the first time I've ever run in costume. Should be interesting!
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Aw I'd love to do a Halloween themed run! Just finished the Inverness 10K here in Scotland this month, next run is the 5K Reindeer Run in Stirling. You can't beat a race where they give you antlers and a light up nose! Happy running everyone!
  • symegeer
    symegeer Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do a zombie one, too, but as far as I know there aren't any in the UK. :(

I've looked everywhere too, but no dice. Lots of Christmas themed ones, and there's a brilliant Robin Hood themed night race in Nottingham isn't there?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    most probably a 10k in feb and a half in march, havent decided yet. but my club are holding a santa dash in november which im keen to do!