I have a questions

Options
I don't understand something. i'm overweight, but i don't even know why because i only eat 600 Calories a day. So not understand that whole thing. can someone explain to me why i'm overweight..

Thank you

Replies

• Neko23
    Neko23 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't understand something. i'm overweight, but i don't even know why because i only eat 600 Calories a day. So not understand that whole thing. can someone explain to me why i'm overweight..

Thank you
  • Cheryl218
    Options
    Your body has shut down and gone into survival mode. You need to eat and exercise....trust me, I'm learning all this too.
  • n_fekete
    n_fekete Posts: 5
    Options
    It could be a number of things, too few calories, what you are eating and lack of activity are my top thoughts.

Because you are eating too few calories your matabolism has probably shut down, It is in a state of fight or flight in a way, anything entering the body is being stored becasue your body is scared it will not get anything to eat. I would recommend eatting 1200 as a minimum of "good" foods, all fruit, veggies and lean meat. Along with a higher number of calories and truely healthy food i would be sure to work out intensly for at least 3 x's a week (one hour session on an eliptical or treadmill at a mets of 7.5-8.0).

Try this for a month (your body will take time to get back into a more healthy state) and see what happens.
  • ekgstr
    ekgstr Posts: 21
    Options
    maybe it is your thyoid. I'd go to the doctor and have them check that.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Its almost impossible to survive on 600 calories a day.! You need to reevaluate how you count your calories. You have to count every single pat of butter, bite, nibble, not to mention every meal. Trust me, everyone eats way more than they think.
  • Neko23
    Neko23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you so much.. i'm going to have to try that.. and now i understand..
  • DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    i can eat 2000 cals a day and lose weight (have so many times b4) my problem was always fast food and that led to 3000 - 4000 cals a day most days of the week ..

so if your eating only 600 a day (yes some ppl do, they have an ED) then try getting up to 1200, then 1400, eventually 1500 calories a day, you can always drop a 100 each week after that to find your number ..

your body needs food like a car needs gas ..
    we can't fuction without it ..

there is no way your getting in all your nutrients on 600 a day .. maybe post a days menu and others can help ..

i am new to this site but not to dieting :smile: