Don't mingle much!

Options
Good Morning! I'm not as new but this is the first time posting on here. I have been on MyFitnessPal for almost 2 weeks. I don't really mingle much which is one of the reasons why I haven't posted anything to introduce myself. I'm am on a quest to lose over 130 pounds. I am disgusted with me for letting myself go. I don't take pictures or try not to because I look awful. My youngest daughter had invited me and her sister to this sight months ago. Her sister joined and have lost over 50 lbs so far. I have seen some great stories and inspirations. As I get older certain health issues keep popping up and I believe it is because of the way I had let myself go. I've decided not to do it anymore. I have a wonderful husband and 3 incredible children that I want to hang around (God willing) for a little while longer. I want my husband and children to be proud and honored to have a wife and mother who is taking care of herself and looks good. My children have never seen me in shape. So on this note, hello to everyone and thanks for the inspiring posts. Best wishes to all those who are losing weight.

Replies

• karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    i have about the same to still lose....if you would like to mutually support each other.....feel free to friend me. i wish you the best on your journey!
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) Good luck!
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You may want to take pictures so you can see progress. I lost 75# a few years ago and I couldn't tell I was losing until I hit the 50# mark, I was like you and didn't like pictures of myself but I wish I would have taken them so I could Physically see the changes in myself that others were seeing.

Good Luck on your Journey.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :)
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Congratulations on telling your story. If you want any help at all please include me as a friend and I will help in any way possible.

Losing weight is not an easy task because it involves so many changes in one's life.
    Just start in the direction of trying to change one thing at a time. There are no shortcuts, sorry.

If you can, promise yourself THAT YOU WILL NEVER GIVE UP.
    Do this to make you proud of yourself.

I am very committed to staying in shape for myself first and also my family. I can see that you are as well.
    Sorry for my long post but I can read your passion for change.

Talk to you soon,
    Saka