What to have with my steak? ideas please!

Options
Hi!

Deciding to have a nice piee of sirloin steak tonight for dinner...i've eaten poultry all week and need a red meat fix! Trying to decide what to have with it though...i was thinking possibly baked potato and peas...not sure what else to do to jazz it up!> Ideas anyone?!

Replies

• netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    another steak LOL

maybe a nice salad before it's too cold to contemplate salad again?
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Salad or Steamed Veggies
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would skip the potatoes and peas altogether. How about slicing up some green/red/yellow pepper and onion, saute them and serve "fahita style" next to your steak? You could have a ton more of this compared to the calories from the potatoe and peas (not to mention a much lower glycemic load).
  • kfahrendorf
    kfahrendorf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli is terrific with steak! Lightly dress broccoli with olive oil and sea salt, then bake until bright green and has the desired tenderness.
  • kittycarson
    Options
    I usually have roasted red baby potatoes sliced in half with a mist of olive oil spray and seasoned with garlic, and rosemary with a little sea salt for seasoning...very yummy...and a small salad or mixed steamed veggies...it's a hearty dinner when I can afford the calories..or on my cheat day. I am having it tonight actually!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Steamed broccoli with a little Ms. Dash seasoning...
  • Not sure if you like mushrooms, but if you do, saute them in garlic and just a smidge of olive oil. They taste FANTASTIC on top of a steak!!!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Think high colors. Cooked baby carrots, a salad with tomatoes, maybe some corn(on the cob or off). Just make sure you make the steak only 1 third of your meal with the rest veggies.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've eaten so much peppers, brocoilli and salad this week it's literally coming out of my ears! Feel like i need some sort of carb tonight to fill me up alongside veggies...maybe spinach?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    another steak LOL

I agree with your assessment. Perhaps I will subscribe to your newsletter.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    BACON!!!!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I love the fajita veggie idea. My new obsession is grilled asparagus. Wash and trim the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and grill for a few minutes. They have a great flavor, are still a bit firm, and great calorie/fat accompaniment to steak. Enjoy!
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Grilled veggies for sure. Yum.
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Try whipped cauliflower, it looks like mashed potatoes and taste pretty good. Basically you boil cauliflower drain it, puree it in a food processor (or mash it by hand) add a little fat free half n half and season it with salt, pepper, and garlic.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Totally agree with love of asparagus, except i've had this all week too! Would be nice to have something different.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Also, from replies i'm guessing people are basically saying no carbs!?
  • theMunchies
    Options
    Quinoa! and grilled veggies maybe yummmmmmm
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Roasted fresh brussel sprouts. Toss them in a little tiny bit of olive oil, some McCormick No Salt Added Mediterranean Perfect Pinch spice, and place them in a 350 oven until just fork tender. So delicious!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    grilled vegetables. Also, if you feel like you need something starchy, baked squash of some kind goes well.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    3 strips of bacon (cut into chunks if you want). Once they are nice and crispy, drop in some asparagus for a minute or so. Yumm!!

Sweet potato is another good idea!

Good luck!