Pizza

Options
I'm a college student, I live in an apartment and me and my roommate ordered domino's yesterday. I had 2 slices yesterday and was still under my calorie limit.. I've already had a slice for lunch and don't want to have a slice for dinner because I know it's bad for me.. But I have no other food in my house.. do you think it's ok to eat this much pizza in 2 days? I haven't had pizza in like... months.
I don't know, it makes me nervous because it's not healthy.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you're working it into your calorie count for the day it's not going to kill you. This is coming from someone who used to regularly eat half a pizza at a sitting and actually ate 2 entire Little Cesar's pizzas while pregnant once. Pizza will not kill you in the short-term. LOL Be careful though b/c it can mess with your..... eh.... 'elimination' if you have a bunch of greasy cheesy deliciousness and aren't used to it.

In the future, you might consider trying to keep some healthier low-cal snacks around the house so that you don't get stuck with a 'pizza's the only thing in the house' scenario. :-)
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    haha I know i hate this. being in college stinks
    but thank you so much. I mean Domino's slices are really teeny but.. it's just so much grease and cheese lol
    But I sill have over a thousand calories left BEFORE working out today so I hope it'll be ok
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Pizza in general is a healthy food, it's a decent ratio of carbs, fats, and proteins. And as long as you keep the calories in check, you can eat it with no problems.

Although, I do prefer homemade pizza to delivery.
  • icandoitx
    Options
    i loveeeee pizza n its my down fall, as soon as the weekend comes i want pizza!!! iam a student too and so ordering from justeat.co.uk is far to easy! calorific!! and eats at ya student loan !! but!! i have found a away to have pizza and be healthy!! buy pitta bread toast lightly, spread tomato puree and mix herbs on top, dice chicken, peppers onions mushrooms chillis, wateva u want prawns tuna or just the veg if u want extra healthy!! sprinkle with low fat cheese and grill until cheese melts, now i can still have my friday night pizza andd its very tasty i sprinkle garlic and chilli flakes over the top too. im having this tonight btw! and no need to feel guilty good luck guys any hoo xx
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go for it. We all deserve a treat now and then and it's better to have something with high cals than to eat nothing!