New You for the New Year Challenge- A 12 Week Personal Chall

Options

Replies

• shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was not eating well 2 weeks ago and this week I have eaten lots better..I did work out lots the week I ate bad and I had to report a 1 lb gain at my monday weigh-in. Well the scale decided to show my progress On Tuesday instead, so for an sv I have lost around 5 lbs this week I also went back to drinking mostly water and I am on a 21 day no junk food challenge. I am on day 6 of that and have goofed 2 times, but I managed to eat very little of the junk I had.. My nsv is that my clothes are too big. Also my wedding ring isn't fitting, which is good and bad.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A small NSV for me is not drinking any soda, diet or otherwise this week! I was too busy trying to get my water in! I've also been drinking less coffee as well. I could never give it up (it's a comfort/habit thing) but I've cut down to only one cup a day instead of 3-4!

I'm so inspired by all of you drinking 100+ oz!
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    Brittaney, New England, (I'm here cause i want to weigh the same on my wedding day as the day my fiance first met me)

Optional-
    I started at 201 lbs and I was 192 last week and i am now 190.

This week’s challenge:
    *Drink 64 or more ounces of water (i didn't really count my water intake this week but i think i'm close)

This week’s personal reflection:
    (the only person to make my life differnt is me and only me, i am the only one who can make myself happy)
  • ansleya
    ansleya Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm late...But I'm still excited to join!

My name is Ansley. I am from Omaha, Nebraska. I am here because finally (after ALL of these years) I am serious about losing weight. And I need all the help from friends that I can get. I will give it all back in support! I promise :flowerforyou:

My starting weight was 269. I'm down 5 lbs so far. YAY

I am SO taking the water challenge! It is soooo hard for me to drink water...I can't tell you. It's one of my biggest struggles.

My motivational saying is: "I love you"-My husband That is all the motivation I have ever needed :heart:

Thanks so much for letting me join! I promise that I will do my best. And if anyone needs some extra support, please add me! I'm a great listener and a super cheerleader!

~Ans~
  • phechan3
    Options
    I think I'm doing a little better. 6 cups of tea so far. :D I've noticed that I tend to not drink anything (other than some coffee) during the day. I'm trying to get out of it, but it's a long time habit that I picked up since I never had time to use the restroom while working. >.<;;
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! People are still joining!! I love this!!!

Whoo.... everyone is doing so great with their water....

Anyone have anything to report this week? NSV's, SV's, struggles???

xox,
    Michelle

Yes, unfortunately I have a frickan cold that settled in my chest and is making it hard to exercise or even drink my water goal. So apparently this week is gonna be a wash, ill just have to try double as hard next week.
  • ansleya
    Options
    Ok, for the water challenge: I have had 2 mugs of tea and now Im starting my regular water intake for the day. I cannot stand to drink just straight water. So I am using Mio. Does anyone else use it? I have the Berry Pomegrante and the Sweet Tea flavor (I am loving it cause I'm from Georgia). I really like it. It helps the water go down faster. I guess I've tricked myself into thinking its something sweet. LOL
    ~Ans~
  • lizlashley09
    Options
    Hey I am Liz I live in Bellevue NE. I am on MFP because I have gained ALOT of weight after high school like a good 50 :( And me and my friend Ansley keep each other in line. Also I get support and will give support :) My final goal is to be 125 again like high school so far I have lost 2 lbs of my 172lbs. Well this might sound harsh but I like the brutal truth from my boyfriend that is why I love him, so here is my quote he tells me that makes me have a wake up call to my weight... "You have gotten fat since we started dating 2 years ago but I still love you." Or this quote "Dig deeper push harder you will success"- These words are the words I heard during sport practice all through high school and they are still in my head.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Just two more days in Week 1- We are almost through it :happy:

If you have any friends you want to send this way we are going to remain an open group- Since this is more of a personal challenge and not a group challenge I will not be "cloising" this thread.

I hope everyone has done wonderfully this week.

Does anyone have any struggles they want to talk about?? Me, well last night I ate Pizza hut and I was in the bathroom all night. My tummy rejected the "crap" food... this seriously opened my eyes to the fact that my body does not like that type of food... no matter what my tastebuds may say.

Michelle:flowerforyou:
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can put me down for a loss of 2.8lbs this week.. Whooo hoo!!! :drinker:
  • L8dyluvbug
    Options
    Name: Ida

SW: 200.6
    CW: 198
    GW: 189

My reason for being on mfp is that earlier this year my Dr told me I was prediabetic. I had gestational diabetes with both my pregnancies. Anyhow I started off strong losing weight and working out....then I just fell off...lost motivation and stopped
    :(. So disappointed with myself for that and this past week it just dawnef on me that Jan is right around the corner and almost time to test my A1c.. I can make a change before then.
    My goal is to get out of the prediabetic range.

My challenge this week is to keep track of my food everyday and walk 4 days for at least 30 minutes.
  • shickam062604
    Options
    Everyone ready for weigh in tomorrow? I am hoping for a great loss tomorrow! I drank 64 oz of water,but I am going to shoot for 100 oz. starting this week. :smile:
  • shickam062604
    Options
    Yeah! I am down to 167 this week! Lost 4 lbs!! :happy:
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did not have a good food weekend. Just feel to pieces. I did drink my water...

Today is a new day!!!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in update: No loss this week :grumble: but I can't complain this week because I lost 5 pounds last week and they can't all be like that. I hope everyone else had a more successful week than me.
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Checking in: My goal to workout everyday at least 30 minutes is actually happening! I cannot believe it. I need to not go as intense on a day or two and do more walks instead of all the tae-bo etc. In the last week I have lost 2 pounds! WhenI saw how close I am to 210lbs (least I've been in about 5 years) I almost fell off the scale and gave me new motivation and clearer view of my overall finish. I keep changing my final goal weight. I feel like I know where I want to be, which still does not put me in healthy BMI range. So, I question if when I hit that goal I will want to keep going or if i will just be happy there. I think I am going to let it ride and figure it out. Hope everyone else has a great upcoming week!!!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8lbs. Last week,down too 192!! This week I'm going to drink 100oz instead of my normal 64. Also I'm going to start walking durring the day with my son! Probably 3 times this week!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Checking in: My goal to workout everyday at least 30 minutes is actually happening! I cannot believe it. I need to not go as intense on a day or two and do more walks instead of all the tae-bo etc. In the last week I have lost 2 pounds! WhenI saw how close I am to 210lbs (least I've been in about 5 years) I almost fell off the scale and gave me new motivation and clearer view of my overall finish. I keep changing my final goal weight. I feel like I know where I want to be, which still does not put me in healthy BMI range. So, I question if when I hit that goal I will want to keep going or if i will just be happy there. I think I am going to let it ride and figure it out. Hope everyone else has a great upcoming week!!!

That's so awesome! I'm glad you had such a great week!

I'm not sure what to make this week's challenge. I know I want to continue with the water thing, but I want to add something else too!

What are you guys going to do this week???
  • ansleya
    Options
    Monday Weigh in: 4lbs down! I didn't lose any last week so I was scared for this weigh in. I'm so relieved!! Also, I started my Just Dance 3 workout this morning.....Good Lord it was crazy! I did 4 songs and I was d-o-n-e. It really shows how out of shape I am, but it was REALLY fun! So, I'm looking forward to getting the routines down and getting my scores up! I'm at work now, trying to get all my water in..ugh! Monday is almost over! YAY!
    ~Ans~
  • jennifer975
    jennifer975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lost 4.8 lbs last week! Which is great since my weight has been the same the last three weeks. :smile:

Water challenge went great, but I think this week I'm going to try and work out harder at the gym since all of fall sports are now over.