New You for the New Year Challenge- A 12 Week Personal Chall

Options
Hey Guys,

As of yesterday its only 12 WEEKS until 2012!!! Can you believe it?!?! So I thought we should end the year with a BANG! This is the “New You for the New Year Challenge” a 12 week personal challenge

I enjoy individual challenges we will all be supporting one another! Each week there will be a different goal to set and stick with along with some personal reflecting, motivation, and support!!

This is what the 12 weeks look like:
10/10 - 10/16 Week 1
10/17 - 10/23 Week 2
10/24 - 10/30 Week 3
10/31 - 11/6 Week 4
11/7 - 11/13 Week 5
11/14 - 11/20 Week 6
11/21 - 11/27 Week 7
11/28 - 12/4 Week 8
12/5 - 12/11 Week 9
12/12 - 12/18 Week 10
12/19 - 12/25 Week 11
12/25 - 1/1/12 Week 12

How you get started:

Required-
*Post your name, your location, and the reason(s) why you are on MFP.

Optional-
*You can post your starting weight/stats and weekly or final goal weight/stats
*You can post on the message board or PM me with your weight/stats and I can keep a log of them on a spreadsheet.

This week’s challenge:
*Drink 64 or more ounces of water

This week’s personal reflection:
* Post your favorite inspirational/motivational quote or statement to share. Please think of something that has been inspirational to your life and weight loss.

I am so excited to be on this 12 week journey with you!!! Again, this challenge is more of a personal challenge with personal reflection, motivation, support, and WEIGHT LOSS . If you not already my friend then please feel free to request me (please add a note).

I am excited to lose weight and get to know you all better over the next 12 weeks! Cheers:drinker:

~Michelle:flowerforyou:

Replies

• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ive never done one of these personal challenges before, i think i might try it....where should i post ? on this message board?
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am in too!!!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Reason(s) Why I am on MFP: I want a better me. I want to feel good about myself, the way I look, the way I feel in my clothes. I want to get rid of all my insecurities.

Challenge: I am uping my personal challenge to over 100 oz of water each day

Motivational Statement-This has helped me though some really hard times, I hope it helps you too:

There comes a time in your life when you realize that if you stand still, you will remain at this point forever. You realize that if you fall and stay down, life will pass you by...

Life's circumstances are not always what you might wish them to be. The pattern of life may not necessarily go as you plan. Beyond any understanding, you may at times be led in a different direction that you never imagined, dreamed, or designed. Yet if you had never put any effort into choosing a path, or tried to carry out your dreams, then perhaps you would have no direction at all.

Rather than wondering about or questioning the direction your life has taken, accept the facts that there is a path before you now. Shake off the “why’s” and “what if’s” and rid yourself of confusion. Whatever was- is the past. Whatever is- is what’s important. The past is a brief reflection. The future is yet to be realized. Today is here.

Walk your path one step at a time with courage, faith, and determination. Keep your head up, and cast your dreams to the stars. Soon your steps will become firm, and your footing will be solid again. A path that you never imagined will become the most comfortable direction you could have ever hoped to follow.

~Michelle
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Ive never done one of these personal challenges before, i think i might try it....where should i post ? on this message board?

Yep- Post on this message board :) And welcome!!!

~Michelle
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm Megan. I am 26 and will be 27 by the end of this challenge. I am in the Twin Cities in Minnesota. I want to recreate myself. I have found that I have physical and psychological issues with myself and I want to remedy them in a healthy was while becoming a happier and healthier me. No more crash dieting... I want to change for life and for a happier and healthier future than the role I am on!
    My current weight is 214. By new years I want to 195 by New Years. My birthday is 3 weeks before New Years. It is my mini goal to be at 200 by then. If I were to lose 2 pounds per week each week until then I would be to 190, so I am giving myself room for hiccups and other events that come along the way.
    Thank you for doing this group! I am excited to support other and receive motivation along the way! I know I can do this!

I have a few different quotes: Since I started this journey there have been a few that have hit home harder than others. I have typed them up and made them beautiful and posted them where I see them throughout the day. I know I am still not making the healthiest decisions and that mental block is discouraging, but having this motivation spread throughout the day is keeping me going, enjoy.

Success is not a race, be patient.
    Success leads to success.
    Success is always a work in progress.
    Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
    Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
    Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
    Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
    Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!
    If at first you don't succeed-try, try again

Someone will always be prettier.
    They will always be smarter.
    Their house will be bigger.
    They will drive a better car.
    Their children will do better in school.
    And their husband will fix more things around the house.
    So let it go,
    and love you and your circumstances.
    Think about it.
    The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.
    And the most highly favored
    Woman on your job may be unable to have children.
    And the richest woman you know,
    she's got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely.
    And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing."
    So, again, love you.
    Love who you are.
    Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say
    "I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"
    "Winners make things happen.
    Losers let things happen."
    "To the world you might be one person,
    but to one person you just might be the world".

"Anything is possible, It's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen."

Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future. ~ Deepak Chopra ~

"My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today."

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month. The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front
    of you. The past is gone; the future is distant. Today you CAN succeed. Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Name: Kendra
    Reason(s) Why I am on MFP: I used to be a swimmer and I miss my swimmer body and energy. Have a "swimsuit trip" to go on in Jan 2011. Want to better myself mentally and physically. And to fit in my clothes and not have to buy new bigger ones.

Challenge: 8, 8oz cups of water each day!

Staring Weight: 150
    Current Weight:131ish
    Goal Weight: 115

Motivational Statement: Mine are in my signature :)

Enjoy~
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Reason(s) Why I am on MFP: To get back in my pre-wedding clothes!
    CW: 127 GW: 115

Challenge: Drinking 64 oz of water used to be so easy, how did I get to the point where I am too busy to drink water?

Motivational Quotes: "It's fun to do the impossible. " & "If you can dream it, you can do it. " -Walt Disney
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Name: Cory
    Reasons I am on MFP: To live a healthier life, to gain confidence, and i want to be able to shop in normal stores and look for normal sizes when i buy clothes!

Challenge: I am taking a cue from you Michelle, I am going to try for 100oz of water a day.
    Starting Weight: 307 (*as of 10/10/2011*)
    Goal Weight by end of challenge: 277lbs

Motivational Statement: Try not to think of what you are doing as work, picture every step on the treadmill as a step you are taking as you chase after your grandchildren. Don't think of the food you are eating as just fruits and vegetables, picture yourself eating with you wife/husband on your 95th birthday. Don't be embarrassed by how much you weigh, when you are at your goal weight you will be filled with more pride than any about of shame you had before. And finally, it's not a race, it's a marathon. Dig deep, push hard, and give until you can't give any more... then try harder!

Was that what you were looking for?
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Name: Doug
    Reasons I am on MFP: To get healthier so I can be around longer & have a better quality of life for my wife & kids.

Challenge: At least 64 oz a day
    SW: 355.5
    CW: 312.4
    GW(for the end of this challenge): 289
    GW Overall: 199
    Motivational Statement: I'll have to get back to you on that one...

Am I good?
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I am so excited to meet all of you (besides Kendra as I already know her). This is going to be an amazing 12 weeks! If you think this challenge will help any of your friends send them on over. The more the merrier :happy:
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Name: Tracy
    Reason for MFP: Honestly I want to be hott! Shop at any clothing store, keep up with my kids and be a MILF!!

Starting Weight (as of this morning) is 211.4
    Goal Weight: 195

H20 Challenge....I'm so in and upping mine to 100oz too!! We got this guys!!

I'll have to get back to you on the quote

I'm excited for this challenge!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I should also mention that your Weigh-in days can be anytime. Most common is Friday- Monday.

I will post my SW tomorrow AM as I forgot to step on the scale this am (which is a good thing for me- LOL)
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Name: Ashleigh
    Reasons: I've always had issues with eating and body image. I want to get rid of these bad habits once and for all. I want to be healthy and active and comfortable in my own skin. Most of all I want to rid myself of the negative thoughts and feelings I've had towards my body for as long as I can remember.

CW: 120.8 GW: 105

Challenge: 64 oz. of water daily. I'm terrible at this! Some days I drink like a fish and others I don't drink any water at all. Must be more consistent!

Motivational quote: My favorite is in my signature!

So excited to get to know everyone! Thanks for starting this up Michelle!
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Hello, my name is Rosalie and I'm 32 years old. I joined MFP because I want to reach my goal weight by my 33rd birthday which is Feb 1st.. Also, I have always been the sister w/ the pretty face. I'm tired of being the chubby sister. I want to be the hot sister. All of my siblings were blessed. Tall and naturally thin. I'm the only one that is short. I feel like Danny Devito on TWINS. LOL. Anyhow the pity party is over and I am finally getting rid of this weight once and for ALL. Feel free to add me. I need the support.
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Name: Deb
    Reason: to become more aware of what I am eating and to lose the weight.

I am 43 and have had thyroid cancer. Working on losing this wait and to live a long life. I am 5'10 and want to be a better me!!!!

SW 257
    CS 235
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Reason(s) Why I am on MFP: Turned 40 this year, am single, and want to be healthy and happy. I want to feel like an athlete for the first time in my life.

Challenge: I need to drink a gallon of water a day! This is hard to do because I am a teacher, and there is hardly time to drink it while lecturing/helping students, much less time to go potty when it goes through me :D

Motivational Statement- Isaiah 40:31 Those who trust in Him shall run and not grow weary. This has been my running mantra this year

~Michelle
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    I am beyond excited for the next 12 weeks!!
  • jennifer975
    jennifer975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jenny, and I'm from Lincoln, NE.
    I had my second baby at the end of May, so I would like to get rid of the baby weight and get fit to keep up with him and my 2 year old girl!

CW: 209.8
    GW: 180.0

This is my first 12 week challenge, very excited for it!
  • mrshoffman07
    Options
    Amanda
    Tampa, fl
    For my family and me

Motivation statement -" I do" and "luv loo mommy"
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yay! I've been looking for a group to join!

Ok so here's me....I'm Kim,29 years old,I live in a smalllllll town called Prairie DuRocher,illinois.

Starting weight I was 267!!!
    Currently I'm at 194.5 lbs
    Overall goal is to be 150 lbs!

I want to get this weight off so I can be more healthy for my kids! If I don't start now,20 more years will fly by with me just watching everything fly by me.

My insperational quote is below :)

My personal goal will be to stay active! No sitting arround watching tv!

Friend request me so we can all stay in check!