Walking on the spot

Options
I was just wondering what people's views were on walking on the spot as exercise? I am trying to up my steps per day to 10,000 and wondered if I was short on steps each day would it count if I walked on the spot.

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I prefer pacing to walking in place, but exercise is exercise. Your pedometer may not pick it up though if you use one.
  • nanbeam
    Options
    Better than nothing - but you're missing out on the swing part of the step that really fires your hams and quads. And seriously boring ! unless the TV is right in front of you :)
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You could try some of Leslie Sansone Walk At Home. they are very good and when i cannot walk outside i do er videos. you can find some in youtube.
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Be sure to get those knees up. It is better to do exercise however you can.
  • louise_608
    louise_608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Haha yes the tv would be right in front of me. I will have to try and find some Leslie Sansone walk at home dvd's on-line as they aren't available to buy in the UK :-(
    I normally try and do my workout dvd when all my family are out so it doesn't matter if I run on the spot as no one will be in the room underneath me. There all home this evening so wasn't able to do it.
  • jennyph2006
    jennyph2006 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i cannot find them in te uk to buy tem but i have been using this 5 miles from youtube. this one is mile 1 and if you fallow the next when this one finishes it will take you to te next mile. hope it helps you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WMoR6Zl_w8&feature=related
  • louise_608
    louise_608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i cannot find them in te uk to buy tem but i have been using this 5 miles from youtube. this one is mile 1 and if you fallow the next when this one finishes it will take you to te next mile. hope it helps you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WMoR6Zl_w8&feature=related

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow :)