Do yourself a favor if your serious about losing weight

Options

Replies

• localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In my few short days here, I have found this site to be very different with others because the ease of interaction with new people with similar goals. I find people here so inspiring.
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :smile: Its so simple and doesnt cost you a thing :smile:

If your truley serious about losing weight and Im sure you all are, then do yourself a favor and add as many friends as you can handle :happy: the more friends you have on MFP the more support and motivation you will receive!!! I promise it will make a difference especially if you dont have anyone to motivate you at home. Also make your diary public or just public to friends it will make you think twice about what your eating when others can see too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL :flowerforyou: Don't forget to add me or email me if you ever need anything :wink:

You probably thought I was going to give you some long story about how you should eat healthy and exercise and you should :laugh: but we all have started weightloss before and failed in some way shape or form because most of us need that motivation and support...someone to tell you..holy crap you lost how much weight so far or awesome job keep up the great work. We need to hear that it makes us feel like we are getting somewhere and accomplishing what we are setting out to do.

Make a giant calander nail it to your wall and set a certain amount of day. I have one started with 25 days just a smaller number so I know I will stick with it. I took drawing paper and put DAYS LEFT TO GO... and wrote the numer really big and every morning I rip the old number down and one day closer to reaching my goals. :happy:

Great idea!! The more people you have holding you accountable for reaching your goals, the better chances you'll have of succeeding! I'm a big believer that with a strong support network, you can do anything! :)

I like your idea of the giant calendar! I ended up putting mine in a duotang (I have other stuff to keep track of too, may as well do it in one place). It's basically a regular sheet of paper with two calendars per page and for each day I work out I get a shiny star sticker. Then it's right there in front of me how much I work out. :)

PS: I friend requested you, I hope that's ok!

PPS: If anyone wants to friend me, yay!
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    :smile: Its so simple and doesnt cost you a thing :smile:

If your truley serious about losing weight and Im sure you all are, then do yourself a favor and add as many friends as you can handle :happy: the more friends you have on MFP the more support and motivation you will receive!!! I promise it will make a difference especially if you dont have anyone to motivate you at home. Also make your diary public or just public to friends it will make you think twice about what your eating when others can see too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL :flowerforyou: Don't forget to add me or email me if you ever need anything :wink:

You probably thought I was going to give you some long story about how you should eat healthy and exercise and you should :laugh: but we all have started weightloss before and failed in some way shape or form because most of us need that motivation and support...someone to tell you..holy crap you lost how much weight so far or awesome job keep up the great work. We need to hear that it makes us feel like we are getting somewhere and accomplishing what we are setting out to do.

Make a giant calander nail it to your wall and set a certain amount of day. I have one started with 25 days just a smaller number so I know I will stick with it. I took drawing paper and put DAYS LEFT TO GO... and wrote the numer really big and every morning I rip the old number down and one day closer to reaching my goals. :happy:

Great idea!! The more people you have holding you accountable for reaching your goals, the better chances you'll have of succeeding! I'm a big believer that with a strong support network, you can do anything! :)

I like your idea of the giant calendar! I ended up putting mine in a duotang (I have other stuff to keep track of too, may as well do it in one place). It's basically a regular sheet of paper with two calendars per page and for each day I work out I get a shiny star sticker. Then it's right there in front of me how much I work out. :)

PS: I friend requested you, I hope that's ok!

PPS: If anyone wants to friend me, yay!

That's a great idea too :) gotta do what works for you!
  • misstonico
    Options
    A support system is the most important piece of exercise equipment in my life. The elliptical machine and free weights don't care if I use them or not, but friends do care if I use them. I always joke that I don't need a partner, I need an enforcer. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    It is so true!!!

I love the support here. So many wonderful people all with the same goal.

anyone else can feel free to add me too. I will send you a request.
  • nursinggirl64
    Options
    thats awesome im on my 3rd week jus started 3rd week lost 5.5lbs in first 2 wks need 2 lose 60 lbs well 65lbs im jus concentrating on today
  • nursinggirl64
    Options
    i dont knowif ur a fb addict but, i was now im a mfp addict i love it lost 5.5lbs in 2 wks n am like a new person u will love it and posting ur food is so quick n easy n everyone is so nice...welcome u can add me as ur friend
  • katrose22
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm starting a biggest loser challenge, winners will be based on calories burned! we start monday so if ya'll are interested check out my blog, my username is katrose22 :) I will be finalizing and posting all the details tomorrow night :)
  • britborn52
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me and I have been reading the message boards a lot. I really like the friendliness and support. I live alone and don't have any support system. Looking forward to meeting new friends and giving and getting encouragement.
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE so new friends! Anyone please feel free to add me :)
  • kristinraynor
    Options
    Oh thank you for the idea! I don't have any friends on here...
    I didn't even know about that part until like, a week ago.

2546982.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • humblestudent
    humblestudent Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    wow so so true! please add me as a friend... :D
    good luck to everyone!
    xoxo
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    i dont knowif ur a fb addict but, i was now im a mfp addict i love it lost 5.5lbs in 2 wks n am like a new person u will love it and posting ur food is so quick n easy n everyone is so nice...welcome u can add me as ur friend

I am definitely a MFP addict lol but I don't have a fb yet one of my mfp friends told me I need to have one so when I get the chance you all can add me on there too. Hope your all having a great weekend :)
  • empressM
    Options
    Great advice--love this. Sending a request.

And, I'm new here (almost through my first week) and would love some new friends!
  • Noof91
    Noof91 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Totally agree
    Although I am new here but whenever I was on a diet the only time it worked was when I had some support and some people doing the same in my house
    but now I live alone
    so I really need all the motivation I can get from this site
    I sent you a request and for others feel free to add me
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    This is my 5th day on here and I have definitely tried lossing weight on my own but after a few days I just go right back to eating not as healthy and not working out everyday so I absolutely know have the friends on mfp is making a difference for me :) you are all going to do great!
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    just making sure all the new folks see this :smile:
  • msbrowneyes85
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • GDavis25
    GDavis25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Support systems are very important and you can always use more :happy: