Does anyone else feel the same way?

Options
13»

Replies

• Liopleurodon
    Options
    I felt exactly like this when I was eighteen. I was anorexic then. It sounds like you're going through the same thing. There is no way that you need to lose weight, but you need to deal with some of the psychological issues that are driving you in this way. Anorexia is a very serious mental illness, which kills a lot of people - mostly young women like yourself who have so much potential. You need to understand that with anorexia, reaching that goal weight won't make things any better. In fact, the deeper you get into that mindset, the more you will hate your body, the more scary food will become, the weaker you will be physically. Even at 5ft, 6.5 stone is too little, but if you get into that mindset you'll get there and see yourself as too fat.

(Incidentally, any Americans reading this profile need to realise that a British size 8 is a lot smaller than a US size 8 - it's more like a 2 in US sizes. So she's already very thin.)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone that has been understanding, I asked this as I have started to realise how much the intake of calories is making me constantly worry, & starting to realise it isn't 'normal'..
    I just wanted to see if anyone else was going through the same mindset as me right now, & if it was normal to feel like this.. if that makes sense at all? But once again thank you for all of you that have been kind about it. :flowerforyou: xx

As another poster said, this isn't about being 'normal.' Eating disorders are psychological not physical. You need to talk to your family and get help from professionals who can help you sort through what you're going though. It's nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of people struggle with eating disorders, addictions, and other mental health issues. We will all be rooting for you here, but none of us is really qualified to help you the way you need it. Don't give up on yourself and be strong enough to admit you need help. Life will get better, I promise.

:hugs:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

I don't believe the OP is advocating anorexia (but some replies have been borderline.) If you see any profiles or posts that are clearly pro-ED, please feel free to contact an admin/moderator and we will investigate.

That said, we do welcome anyone in recovery from an eating disorder. We hope everyone will offer them the same level of support and understanding that is given to anyone else. Recovery from an eating disorder can be a very rocky road, with many backward steps. The person eating 500 today may have improved from 300 yesterday. As long as someone is not actively encouraging others in ED behavior or offering tips, any support MFP can provide to get healthy is a good thing.

The forum guidelines include these items:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

18) No pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia posts. This includes signatures, profile names, and profile bylines. Eating Disorders are medical conditions requiring professional medical attention. MyFitnessPal does not permit the endorsement of any ED behavior, and strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.