Im a wimp

Options
So i just joined a few days ago.. just started counting my calories the other day and today started exercising.. Thought i could manage 15 min work out and wimped out at 12 min today hahah.. Oh well.. I know im going to get better at this .Im pretty excited.. My aunt told me about this site.. I have been so sedentary for years .. I tried to get started on a walking routine last year and it petered out.. Hopefully, joining a support group and reading about other peoples experiences coupled with my family and friends i can finally get my weight back down to where i feel good about myself again . Hi Everybody :)

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Start off slow and take one day at a time. If you did 12 mins today, try and do 13 tomorrow. Slow and steady. This isn't a race. You can do it! :)
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Don't worry about how much you can do now, you are just starting. Patience and persistence goes a long way when changing your diet and developing an exercise routine.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    12 minutes is 12 minutes more than the day before...just keep trying. You can do this!
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    Options
    It's okay. I just tried to do Zumba. xD It was quite a long workout and my legs felt like they were going to fall off after 5 minutes! I managed to push through it, but I doubt I burned as many calories as I could have.

You'll get better though. Start at 12 minutes for the next couple of days. Then go up 1 minute every day after that until you can get up to like 20. Then stay at 20 for a bit, then climb up to 30. I have asthma and that helps me a lot when I need to get back into exercising, cause it gives my body time to adjust and doesn't result in me gasping for air on the side of the treadmill. :)
  • lilyannette
    Options
    Keep going, I feel bad about myself at first when I notice I was overweight but keep going! Hope you can achieve your goal one day!
  • georgiagirl424
    Options
    Good luck and stay strong. Always remember that even a little workout is a workout. It is better than doing nothing!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The fact that you did a work out is something to be proud of. You have to start somewhere and it sounds like you're off to a good start!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You are not a wimp! You did 12 minutes today and who knows what you'll be doing a week from now...a month from now. Just stick with it! You can do this!