Do you get motivation from your ticker?

Hi everyone! :smile:

I am quite new in this site and one thing I like looking at are the weight loss tickers that most people have. I personally feel really motivated by my ticker, but I am still thinking of whether to set it as "x kg to go" or "x kg lost".

Which one do you prefer?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    I personally like it saying how much I've lost, how much I have to go just seems kinda overwhelming.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    What motivates me the most is when you finish logging for the day and hit that button...In 5 weeks you will weigh!! When you look at it that way you think....I can do this for 5 more weeks!! On the other hand ....I like my ticker to say how much I lost.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    I personally like it saying how much I've lost, how much I have to go just seems kinda overwhelming.

Me too! Higher numbers are what I am striving for. I am not a fan of dwindling numbers :)
  • nic1976
    nic1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi! I love the weight loss tickers & mine really does motivate me :) I have mine set as weight lost since when I'm having down days it really does give me that pick me up & motivates me to keep going.

I guess when I get further along in my weight loss I might change it but right now it works for me :)
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    I, too, like mine displaying how much I've lost and to keep that number going up. And, yes, I do find it very motivating as I keep striving to raise that number!
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Lovely answers! I might want to change my settings. Now that I think about it, feels quite overwhelming lol. My weigh ins are on Mondays. Hoping for positive results as I have been working hard!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    I like it saying how much I've lost. That number makes me want to keep going!
  • princessd3b
    Ahh, I have changed my ticker settings. Gotta keep going and raise that amount of weight lost. Thanks everyone!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    It can motivate me, but it has also depressed me some when I haven't lost or even worse, gained! Then I am embarrassed to have it on my profile and ashamed that I have failed. So good and bad for me!
  • since I haven't had my first weigh in, I hate my ticker.. lol
  • princessd3b
    I guess it keeps us going regardless of whether we lost/ gained. All the best to you ;)
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    I seem to be opposite to most of you. I like to see how much i have to go - like to see that number going DOWN!

One question I have though: How do you get the other information to appear, i.e. the SW, CW, GW. I think it would help me to put mine into small chunks so that the amount I need to go doesn't seem so large! I can't seem to get that information to appear. Any advice?
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,299 Member
    It provides focus and is an immediate reward........I like to see how much I've lost, too! Always GREAT to see it roll to the next number.....sometimes I get tired of the 'old number'---but shouldn't, as maintaining IS a great accomplishment for me!
  • princessd3b
    @ jaajh - You have to edit your signature. Just type out the other info you want to be in your ticker (SW, CW, etc.) below the code for your ticker. Hope this helps.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member

Me too! Higher numbers are what I am striving for. I am not a fan of dwindling numbers :)

Ditto
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    @princessd3b - Thank you for the signature page advice. Hoping now I've put that on, I'll be even more motivated!