Mr. Stay Puft Challenge - easy and fun!!!

Options

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    4999117511_1041f41358.jpg
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyy! You upped the ante! I may just have to keep going with 300 calories every other day and join in if I seem to be getting closer to 200 a day.

Bit sad tbh :cry:

You can do it...one thing we all have to learn is to push just a little bit more is hard but not impossible. Log everyday and see what happens.

I'll do that. I'd just got to the point where I didn't think I'd let my team mates down on the Jabba challenge, when it ended!

Burnt over 200 yesterday, mainly walking a 2mph with my 4 year old, but that's really not typical. This half-term has been super busy, so maybe next half-term.

Work hard, everybody, and I hope to join you soon.
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Excellent! A new challenge- just what I need to kick my marshmallow butt into action. I got eliminated from Jabba after 3 weeks- injured myself doing C25K :sad: - but I'm all repaired now and raring to go :happy:

Signing up now...
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Well, I am eager to join but I am on the other side of the world (Australia) which means I am a day ahead of everyone (it is 8.30pm on the 16th right now). Would this affect the logging??

Do we have to do 200 a day or just so it tallies up to 1400 in the week?? I am on the C25K but only do that every other day when I am not at the gym. There may be a day that I don't do 200 but can exceed on other days.

Hopefully this will spur me on to continueing exercising, even on my 'off' days.

Bring it on..... :o)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Ok, I'm ready to do this. Question: when we die, will it be like with Jabba, the Puff-Man will gain back our hit points? Just asking for clarification purposes.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Well, I am eager to join but I am on the other side of the world (Australia) which means I am a day ahead of everyone (it is 8.30pm on the 16th right now). Would this affect the logging??

Do we have to do 200 a day or just so it tallies up to 1400 in the week?? I am on the C25K but only do that every other day when I am not at the gym. There may be a day that I don't do 200 but can exceed on other days.

Hopefully this will spur me on to continueing exercising, even on my 'off' days.

you have the choice of 200 a day monday through Friday, OR 1500 weekly total. (you pay an extra 500 for flexibility)

Just log by the date and you should be fine - we have one week to log our data - maybe you should make your personal goal like 5 days.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Ok, I'm ready to do this. Question: when we die, will it be like with Jabba, the Puff-Man will gain back our hit points? Just asking for clarification purposes.

No, he will not regain strength. So there is no reason for anybody to not give this challenge a shot!. :happy:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

you have the choice of 200 a day monday through Friday, OR 1500 weekly total. (you pay an extra 100 for flexibility)

Just log by the date and you should be fine - we have one week to log our data - maybe you should make your personal goal like 5 days.

Jenny, I have a question: 200 a day M-F = 1000 + 100 (for flexibility) = 1100. 1500 means everyone burns 200 for 7 days plus 100. I'm just asking for clarification for everyone else. I get high burns, but I know everyone does not. Is 1500 what you were going for because that's a 500 calorie penalty instead of 100.

Thanks for putting this together!
  • Oishii
    Options

you have the choice of 200 a day monday through Friday, OR 1500 weekly total. (you pay an extra 100 for flexibility)

5x200=1000, so that's an extra 500 for flexibility. If it was 1100 a week I could give it a go...
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Yep 500 penalty! - (sorry. I edited it)

200 a day M-F =1000 for the week
    or
    whatever a day that equals =1500 for the week
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Jenny I think 1500 is very very reasonable.
    Guys if you wanna lose weight and get healthy, you have to put in the gym time. I dont mean to be mean ... but I used to be you. I used to think I was too busy and that I could lose weight without it. And I did ... and I gained it all back. Since I started making exercise a priority the weight continues to come off and stay off. Trust me, I am busy ... I work full time, plus teach park time and in doctoral school full time as well. You HAVE to make sacrifices!

If you cant do 200 a day (which honestly I dont always get because I do take rest days) shoot for 300 x 5 days ... that is NOT unreasonable.

I hope no one hates me for my opinion ... but Jenny thank you for the challenge. Give it a try ... if you cant, what is the worst thing that happens to you?
  • Oishii
    Options
    Jenny I think 1500 is very very reasonable.
    Guys if you wanna lose weight and get healthy, you have to put in the gym time. I dont mean to be mean ... but I used to be you. I used to think I was too busy and that I could lose weight without it. And I did ... and I gained it all back. Since I started making exercise a priority the weight continues to come off and stay off. Trust me, I am busy ... I work full time, plus teach park time and in doctoral school full time as well. You HAVE to make sacrifices!

If you cant do 200 a day (which honestly I dont always get because I do take rest days) shoot for 300 x 5 days ... that is NOT unreasonable.

I hope no one hates me for my opinion ... but Jenny thank you for the challenge. Give it a try ... if you cant, what is the worst thing that happens to you?

I had just joined the Jabba the Hutt challenge so was just getting into 300 kcal every two days. Maybe that will up to 200 a day, maybe it won't.

I am not overweight. I am on maintenance and need over 2000 calories a day NET to not lose weight, so I can hardly be inactive. I did not need to exercise on purpose to lose the weight I did, but now I would like to get fitter. I used to go to the gym, but I'm fitter now than then, thanks to a little added running and the 30DS, which does not require 200 kcal a day, at least not by mfp's calculations

I have priorities. If I was seriously unfit, exercise might be a bigger one. I'm sure 300 kcal a day is doable, but I'll choose not to do it for now. When work has quietened down a little I might do the C25K or I might try volunteering at the local night hostel. I don't need to make excuses, I make choices, and if the penalty for flexibility is an extra 50%, I will have to wait until I can manage the norm every day.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Lol that's pretty hilarious... I'm in!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    OK - challenge starts tomorrow! Work your magic schedules and include time to get your calories in!!!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    May I join you? I have been slacking and could use some motivation.
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Being Monday over here in Oz, I did my gym workout this morning and clocked 330 cal. I can actually see this game as a HUGE incentive to get me moving every day!!

Woo Hoo! Lets kick his big white butt!! :o)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Good start MsMonny!

cklbrown - anyone can join, go to the spreadsheet and add your name :)
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Jabba challenge kept me motivated on my lazy days, so happy to join this one as well. Stay puft is going down!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've been really bad about logging exercise so this will help motivate me to log!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    im in