No motivation

Options
I didnt feel like exercising yesterday. I dont feel it today. I am afraid that I am losing motivation and going to slip back into my old habits! I need help.

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    get up and do it. once you are into it you won't stop. you feel better afterward.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    get up and do it. once you are into it you won't stop. you feel better afterward.

This!:wink:
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Indeed!! :tongue:
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just look at what you have achieved so far, you have done fantastic from what i can see on your goals so well done but you have to keep it going the less you have to loose the harder it gets. Make yourself do some exercise keep it going you have come so farxxxx :happy:
  • jilleencaizzi
    jilleencaizzi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    im pretty new here but your doing GREAT!! Try to stay in the zone and focus remember why you started this journey. The goals you have met are truly amazing. Keep up the the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This is why I do programs. They give me a specific GOAL even when I don't have the inner motivation or drive for that day. If I commit to do ___ today, I'll do it. I am currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme, which is a 90-day program. I've had two days this week where I totally did not feel like it, but I don't base it on how I feel and I do it anyway so I stay on program. Sometimes, I'll do something different but get right back on program the next day. Find a program or an event or something that is SPECIFIC and train for it. Good luck!:smile:
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    For me, if i don't feel like exercising, sometimes I just go for a walk. Not much prep; just proper shoes and dress for the weather, and then out the door. I aim for twenty to thirty minutes but usually once I start will actually go for about an hour or longer.

By the way, congratulations on your weight loss; looks like you worked hard
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    get off the computer and do it :) but seriously, we all have times when we loose our motivation, I have no problem exercising, but my food intake is just down right embarrassing. key is to look at each day as an individual and not base your actions off the failures of the day before, or look so far ahead that it's depressing because you have a long way to go
  • bgm5270
    bgm5270 Posts: 12
    Options
    Keep doing your new activities and enjoy the exercise high... :-)
  • VixenGddss5
    Options
    99% of the time when I do my exercise anyway even when I don't feel like it, I feel soo much better about everything afterwards.
  • Vanilla30
    Options
    I feel the same way just about everyday but you have to just get up and do it...I've been overweight for about 24yrs and there's nothing funny about having health issues because of it. Just do it and in the end, you will be rewarded..
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    If I stop exercising I find it terribly hard to get started again. The key is, don't stop! It has to be a daily routine, just like brushing your teeth. Slipping back into old habits is one of my greatest fears. Thus, I can't let it happen. Make yourself do it. It's like swallowing a pill. Gulp! Tough it out, getter done. You can do it!
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    You CAN do it!!!! You WILL feel some much better once you get up and do it! Friday evening and Saturday evening I didnt do so great. My work out buddy and I planed on going to the gym Saturday evening and we BOTH were saying nah lets skip....BUT we decided to go 30 minutes before the gym closed! We went and we did a HARD CORE work out for 30 minutes!!! We BOTH felt so good that we ACTUALLY got up and went!!

I totally understand that it is so easy to skip it but you WILL feel so much better when you do go!! You CAN do it!!!

:happy:
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The first step is to ask for help. You did that. The next step is to put on those tennis shoe and take a step. Exercise begins with one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. Before you know it, you have taken a walk. Good luck!
  • cwglosin4vaca
    cwglosin4vaca Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually do feel better now that its done....Thats what I needed to get out of this rutt....now I can plan my exercise for tomorrow