Sauerkraut recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Your very welcome
    =) his grandparents didnt speak much English but she did have recipe books she had done. She was a cooking teacher in Germany and was the most amazing cook ever. She was 89 and still hand making everything, even cheese . They sire don't make em that tough these days

I know wht you mean by tough. My Great Grandma Adaline was walking home from the market one day and she saw a bunch of people in front of her house with smoke coming out of it. She ran up onto the front porch and took the ax from the fireman that was trying to get the front door open, she chopped the door down and then yelled at him in German to get in there and do his job! LMAO You gotta love that!
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Egg and sauerkraut scramble. Just whip up some eggs, add sauerkraut & fry up. Adding some butter after the eggs have partially set makes it taste wonderful. Don't over cook. This was a recipe my husband dreamt up many years ago and we all loved it.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Egg and sauerkraut scramble. Just whip up some eggs, add sauerkraut & fry up. Adding some butter after the eggs have partially set makes it taste wonderful. Don't over cook. This was a recipe my husband dreamt up many years ago and we all loved it.

I am trying this on Friday, my day off! TY
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Oktoberfest pizza

Pizza crust
    mashed potatoes
    sausage (cooked) cut into 1/4" slices
    saurkraut
    cheddar
    caraway seeds

Bake, yummy.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Oktoberfest pizza

Pizza crust
    mashed potatoes
    sausage (cooked) cut into 1/4" slices
    saurkraut
    cheddar
    caraway seeds

Bake, yummy.

That sounds great! Thanks.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    I would use polish sausage, slice it and fry it up, (now I will use turkey polish sausage or cabasa). Add diced potatoes & add sauerkraut. Cook until potatoes are tender.....YUMM!:love:

I have some German in me; so this is like something I really love. DH isn't the fondest of it, he doesn't have any German in him:sad:
    Even our son loves it:love:

5'4"
    Started Sept. 5, 2011
    Sept. 12, 2011:happy:
    Sept. 19, 2011:indifferent:
    Sept. 26, 2011:happy:
    Oct. 3, 2011:happy:
    Oct. 10, 2011:noway:
    125-145
    Goal weight:flowerforyou:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member