30 day shred weights??

Options
Anyone who does the shred how heavy are the weights you use? I use 3lbs because I found that I have really bad form if I do 5 lbs on the minute long sets. On the 30 second sets I switch to 8 lb weights (back rows and chest fly). I was just wondering do you think 3 lb weights are enough?

Replies

• thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I've used the 5 lb weights and definitley felt it the next day! I love JM's workouts!
  • khill2742
    Options
    i use 2lbs weights
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lbs.
    My advice would be to just use what you're comfortable with. Don't push your body too hard or you might end up hurting yourself..
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I alternate between 3 and 5lbs. If I had 8lbs, I would use those for the chest fly's and back row's, also. Alas, I do not, lol.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i agree i do 5lb weights and i stil feel it each day especially side lunges with arm raises...yikes!! anywho she says anywhere between 3-8 lbs just work on your form out side the dvd it will get better
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use 5 pds, but wish I had 8 pds for the chest flys. I may buy some. For everything else 5 pds is plenty, and in fact I sometimes have to put them down to keep good form.
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im using 1kg weights at mo ( 2.2lb) and still getting great results :) Will be hitting level 3 on friday ( bit behind as took 3 days off due to visitor being around in the evening ) so might swop to 2kg :D x
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I use 3lbs since thats what I have but it would be nice to have some 5lb and 8lbs. Then I would start heavy and switch to lower ones as my arms got more and more tired.
    I definitely need 8lbs for the chest flys.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use 5 lbs for everything except the anteiror lunges with the arm lift thing (HATE HATE HATE THEM :laugh: ), I use 3lbs.

Good Luck!