Stumped by no loss this week. :(

Options
I've been eating right and exercising and didn't lose any weight this week. I actually gained half a pound. :( I think I was eating too few calories so I bumped it up. Any suggestions?

Replies

• richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    can we see your diary please so we can give a tailored answer for you.

Rich
  • brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Need more info. What kinds of food were you eating? Any exercise? It could just be your body adjusting to the change. Whenever you make a change in your diet, it's best to give it 3 weeks before deciding if it works or not.
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the scale so much. Instead of looking at it weekly look at it on a monthly basis. Your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis so focusing on a weekly basis will only frustrate you and cause you to give up. I am speaking from over 25 years of frustration experience. Aim to live a healthy lifestyle and the weight will come off. Instead of making the scale your 'enemy' make some different tangible goals for yourself that show you are making strides in becoming healthy. Make goals like being able to walk up a flight of stairs without losing your breath, walking for 4 miles....etc. These kinds of goals are a better measure of health than a number on a scale.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Fat loss isn't linear. It's most likely water-balance.

It's not uncommon to stagnate for several weeks, then drop several pounds at once.

Further reading:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    Diary is now public.
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    Fat loss isn't linear. It's most likely water-balance.

It's not uncommon to stagnate for several weeks, then drop several pounds at once.

Further reading:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Absolutely great article by the way. Thanks.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Like you said, I think it was you eating too few calories...your daily goal is much higher than what you've been eating. I know it's hard to eat more sometimes, but you can do it. :)
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    My daily goal was set at 1200 as of yesterday but I moved it up to 1500 after doing some research this morning. :)
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the scale as one has suggested. Are you a differences in inches lost around your waist, arms, etc.? That where you will see significant changes if not the scale. For me I lost nearly another 1.5" around my waist in a over a week, and the scale negligibly changed by a 1/4 to 1/2 a pound. Be sure to monitor your measurements if you feel the scale isn't satisfying you. But believe if your on a calorie deficit, you WILL lose weight no matter what. You can't gain weight if your eating under your maintenance calories, just can't happen. Only thing that can contribute to maintained weight or added weight. Is water retention, bloat, etc.
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    So water retention could be the highest culprit?
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    And yes I have lost half an in ch or so on some parts of my body. I guess I was jsut expecting the scale to move. But I am not discouraged!