WHATS THE BEST WAY TO BURN FAT?

Options
I have read about many different ways to burn fat. However, I don't know which one is right. :cry:

What is the most effective way to burn fat?

If you have any references or website please post them. If not, that's OK too. :tongue:
thanks

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Speed up ur metabolism by drinking lots of water, eating clean foods, eating every 2-3 hours, and getting a moderate exercise in.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Caffeine and green tea are natual metabolism boosters aka fat burners. I drink a cup of coffee every morning and a cup of green tea nightly... just dont put sugar in it :)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    bump
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    building muscle and interval cardio training
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Speed up ur metabolism by drinking lots of water, eating clean foods, eating every 2-3 hours,

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

The correct answer is: consume fewer calories than you expend.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok, you're going to get a lot of different feedback on this one. It all comes down to what works for you. But what I've heard is ...
    You can't actually burn fat ... you can gain fat cells but you never lose(or burn) them. What you can do is shrink them.
    What works for me is cardio, cardio, cardio and strength training. Most women want lean (not bulky) muscle so when you do your strength training go for lighter weight and more reps, heavier weight will give you bulky muscle. Eating clean is super important and doing so consistently. Lots of water. I drink smart water often too, helps to prevent dehydration which will cause water retention. OH! and invest in a good Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Know your goal heart rate and stay within range of it when working out. It really does make a difference.

Good luck to you and I hope that my post helps.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Speed up ur metabolism by drinking lots of water, eating clean foods, eating every 2-3 hours, and getting a moderate exercise in.
    Caffeine and green tea are natual metabolism boosters aka fat burners. I drink a cup of coffee every morning and a cup of green tea nightly... just dont put sugar in it :)
    I agree tenfold. This is the most sensible advice. And thanks for the reminder about to go shopping and need more green tea.
  • PB67
    Options
    Most women want lean (not bulky) muscle so when you do your strength training go for lighter weight and more reps, heavier weight will give you bulky muscle. Eating clean is super important and doing so consistently. Lots of water. I drink smart water often too, helps to prevent dehydration which will cause water retention. OH! and invest in a good Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Know your goal heart rate and stay within range of it when working out. It really does make a difference.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Edit for required reading:

http://jcdfitness.com/2011/06/i-dont-want-to-get-big-and-bulky-fitness-marketing-and-its-effect-on-women/
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have read about many different ways to burn fat. However, I don't know which one is right. :cry:

If you have any references or website please post them. If not, that's OK too. :tongue:
    thanks

Calorie deficit= weight loss. Eat under your maintenance calories, while consuming the proper amount of macro-nutrients. And you will lose weight without even exercising. But if you add exercise, your increasing the efficiency of your weight loss.

Count calories, count macro-nutrients, eat under maintenance. And watch the weight drop. Good luck!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

thanks

Of all the responses here, PB67 summed it up best with

Meal frequency will not speed up your metabolism. Focus on end-of-day nutrition and don't worry about how many times per day you eat.

Exercise will help you accomplish the above in quotes, and weight training/resistance training combined with proper consumption of macronutrients will help to make sure you hold on to as much muscle as possible and just lose fat.
  • chyloet
    Options
    Speed up ur metabolism by drinking lots of water, eating clean foods, eating every 2-3 hours,

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

There's more to it than this ... unfortunately. I can eat 1200 calories of reeses peanut butter cups (less than what I expend) every day and will not lose wieght nor be healthy. I'd also be malnourished, have diabetes and most likely high cholesterol.

Like I said, you're going to get a lot of different responses to this question :-)
  • PB67
    Options

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

There's more to it than this ... unfortunately. I can eat 1200 calories of reeses peanut butter cups (less than what I expend) every day and will not lose wieght nor be healthy. I'd also be malnourished, have diabetes and most likely high cholesterol.

Stop making things up.

Google "Twinkie diet" for a counterexample to your claim.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Like I said, you're going to get a lot of different responses to this question :-)

woah woah woah, why wouldn't you lose weight eating reese's pb cups if you are in a caloric deficit?
  • siabevis
    Options

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Whose to say Im wrong? You clearly need to watch yourself and stop telling others that they are wrong. Different things work for different people so stop acting like you know it all.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

There's more to it than this ... unfortunately. I can eat 1200 calories of reeses peanut butter cups (less than what I expend) every day and will not lose wieght

Can you state why?

nor be healthy. I'd also be malnourished

Agree with you on the above. It would be aboslutely idiotic, and probably damaging to do what you are suggesting.

However, you would lose weight if it firmy stuck you under your maintenance caloric intake.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Calorie deficit= weight loss. Eat under your maintenance calories, while consuming the proper amount of macro-nutrients. And you will lose weight without even exercising. But if you add exercise, your increasing the efficiency of your weight loss.

Count calories, count macro-nutrients, eat under maintenance. And watch the weight drop. Good luck!

^ See here OP.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Whose to say Im wrong? You clearly need to watch yourself and stop telling others that they are wrong. Different things work for different people so stop acting like you know it all.

Nothing personal at all, but you are spreading information that has been largely debunked now, and the reason it's important to call you on it is because telling people that meal frequency somehow benefits them will cause them to back little baggies and tupperware and set alarm clocks so they eat every 3 hours thinking it gives them some metabolic edge when it doesn't.
  • PB67
    Options

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Whose to say Im wrong?

Science.

Meal frequency and energy balance:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494

Water:
    http://www.npr.org/2008/04/03/89323934/five-myths-about-drinking-water

Clean eating:
    http://jcdfitness.com/2010/09/clean-eating-is-a-scam-and-why-you-should-abandon-it/
  • anitaroberts01
    anitaroberts01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think this is the best way too what Chyloet mention.
  • chyloet
    Options
    Most women want lean (not bulky) muscle so when you do your strength training go for lighter weight and more reps, heavier weight will give you bulky muscle. Eating clean is super important and doing so consistently. Lots of water. I drink smart water often too, helps to prevent dehydration which will cause water retention. OH! and invest in a good Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Know your goal heart rate and stay within range of it when working out. It really does make a difference.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Edit for required reading:

http://jcdfitness.com/2011/06/i-dont-want-to-get-big-and-bulky-fitness-marketing-and-its-effect-on-women/

I find your post quoting a part of my post very rude. If you had included the entire post what I actually started out with is "What works for me ..." So you can keep your snarky accusation that I am "spreading misinformation" to yourself. Someone asked for advice and I gave mine. Take it or leave it.