Hello everyone!

Options
I am new today to myfitnesspal. I've been overweight for a few years now...and am always attempting to do something to change my lifestyle so that I am not always feeding emotions. I hate...and refuse to use the word "diet"...because everyone knows diets don't work. I just been at a loss lately as to what/how/why to find the motivation to do anything about my weight....yeah, the fact that pants cut me in two hasnt been enough. I decided to take advice I gave to my friend when she was battling cancer, and didn't feel like getting out of bed in the morning...'fake it till you make it'. Anyway, I am excited to see what this site has in store...and hopefully make some new friends in the proces!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You are going to love it. Take your time and educate yourself on healthy eating. Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great - lots of good tools and supportive people here! I love your advice - "fake it till you make it"! That's my approach to exercise everyday. Some days I feel like I'm making, but most not so much. Good luck reaching your goals and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jultwan
    jultwan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome. F/R sent.
  • NCSean
    NCSean Posts: 14
    Options
    good luck! add me if you would like to.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Welcome!!! I wish you the best of luck. This is the easiest 'diet' I have ever done. It is so simple! MFP makes keeping track easy! I am down 16 pounds in 5 weeks and I feel great and excited to look and feel better again. Remember, you deserve to feel great! Friend request me if you like! :flowerforyou: