healthy breakfast that keeps you full

Options

Replies

• moniquelessard
    Options
    Egg wraps, I make them in advance, and I just microwave and eat in the morning.

1 egg + 1 egg white beaten with a touch of milk (87 cals) - cook in a pan like an omelet
    1 slice of lean ham (25 cals) - put in the tortilla with the cheese
    1/4 cup low cal mozzarella cheese (80 cals)
    1 weight watchers whole wheat tortilla (100 cals)

wrap all ingredients up only when eggs are cooled and then wrap in a paper towel, stick in the fridge. Microwave for 45 seconds in the morning.

292 cals and keeps me full from 6am till about 11am. xo
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Choboni Greek yogurt and a small amount of natural granola. This keeps me full from 8 to 11:30.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat yogurt with flax seed, granola and all bran buds with a banana! Keep me full! try a protein smotthie are good too!!
  • Childnurse
    Childnurse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mission Carb balance flour tortilla. 9 slices of turkey pepperoni, 2 Tablespoons of salsa, one slice of Fat Free Cheddar Cheese slices. Put in microwave for about 15 seconds (just enough to start melting cheese). And fold up to eat. Very portable. Very quick. Only 150 calories. And filling!
  • emandbensmom
    Options
    1 cup Fage nonfat plain Greek yogurt mixed with 2 TB PB2 (reconstituted) and a heaping TB of organic granola. I eat it almost every day. 26 grams of protein and it is soooo yummy.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    make a quick smoothie the night before with chocolate protein powder, skim milk, and a banana!!
    i do this a lot :)

then when you wake up, take it out of the fridge and go!! dont even have to make it in the am!
  • laurenatholen
    Options
    I found that the special k protein plus cereal is great! But It doesn't have much flavor so I use a flavor of the light and fit 80 cal yogurts and I have a great breakfast of 180 cals and it keeps me full till lunch! :)
  • maxymom
    maxymom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A balance of protein and whole grain carbs works best for me. energy + staying power. Two ideas:

(1) Make instant oatmeal **with milk or soy milk** ( there are low sugar and weight-loss types). Have 2 envelopes if you need them or add a handful of plain quick oats to make larger serving that is less sweet. If you like the old fashioned or steel cut, cook up a big pot on the stove for the week on Sunday night, and just spoon out a bowlful to put in the microwave each morning. You can also add dried fruit and almonds or walnuts to rev it up.

(2) A breakfast sandwich. I use a whole grain bolillo ( like a sub sandwich bun, sort of), and fill it with 2 oz of smoked turkey breast and a slice of muenster cheese. Make it the night before if you are in too much of a rush in the morning. Zap the breakfast sandwich for 35 seconds, and there you have it - you can even eat it in the car, it's not messy!
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    rolled oats, brown sugar, nuts = great & quick to make oatmeal. =)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    my go to: wheat english muffin or bagel thin with peanut butter, a banana, and some greek yogurt.

i also enjoy oatmeal with raisins and a bit of cinnamon and agave nectar, also with greek yogurt.

the other day i made some egg beaters, a veggie sausage patty and popped it on a bagel with a slice of cheese and i was really fun until lunch time!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I've been using a great protein shake that keeps me full all morning. I also find that egg beaters keep me full...I like to make veggie omelets when I have time. I also like to eat lite mulit-grain english muffins w/ reduced peanut butter...it's very filling too! :wink:
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    My favorite breakfast right now is oatmeal with cinnamon or egg whites with avocado. Or a slice of toast with avocado spread on it. YUM
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was doing slimfast but it has so much sugar, now I am doing low sugar oatmeal, keeps me full and less calories. Also a hard boiled egg and a slice of lean lunch meat, the portein really keeps the hunger away in the morning.
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    I have an egg, and an apple with 2 oz. of hummus. Yum.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If I am strapped for time in the morning my go to is oatmeal w/ egg whites in it or protein powder. It leaves me full for at least 4 hours!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/overnightoats

and I add protein powder to make "proats"

oh and egg mcmuffin fills me up for approximately 3 and a half minutes :tongue: My regular proats is about 500cals and takes me at least 20mins to eat. It is FILLING!
  • mjbauer
    mjbauer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sure others will disagree, but I do an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds almost everyday. 300 calories and keeps me full till lunch. The sodium is a little high, but works for me.

If you lose the cheese and the butter it's even better!

I really love the WW Smartones Breakfast Sandwiches. Very similar to an egg mcmuffin but only 210 calories and something like 7g of fat. Only two min to prepare and i LOVE them. Available at pretty much any grocery store or walmart in the freezer section.
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mushroom, Cheese and Veggie Omelet

1 egg 1 egg white
    1 cup of sliced mushroom
    Green bell peppers
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Shredded low fat cheese of mozerella or cheddar
    Olive oil
    Salt

In a skillet heat the olive oil and then throw-in the mushroom and veggies. Beat the eggs along with the salt and then pour it into the skillet. Flip when one side is cooked and then top it with the cheese.

Sometimes I even add two pieces of turkey sausage on the side. I like a good fulfilling breakfast.
  • mrsgoodguy
    Options
    The two minute microwave mug bread from the recipes thread. I tweak it a bit by adding 1 tbsp of blueberry craisins......so yummy and filling.
  • misssugarplum
    Options
    1/3 cup of quinoa and 2 scrambled egg whites. I feel so full all day long, that I usually cannot finish my dinner!