New to MFP

Options
Hi. My name is Meredith. I heard about this site from a freind at work today and thought i would give it a try. I have been overweight most of my life. I have had 5 babies, I am a nurse so I am on my feet alot, and I have back and knee problems. Hopefully this site will give me the help and motivation I need to get started on my weight loss jouney and get my "old life" back. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I can use all the support I can get! Happy weight loss!

Replies

• derrick_walker
    derrick_walker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stay connected and find friends that will encourage you. I joined a few weeks ago and love this tool. It's been invaluable to me! It was tough starting for me though once I got going it's become a breeze. Never give up on yourself or your goal just remember to push, push, push! I know that you will do great!
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just joined a week ago and I've already lost 2 lbs (but maybe more; im trying to weigh myself only twice a week.) It's been extremely useful and actually motivates me to exercise if I see i've gone over my calorie limit. I think you'll really like it; especially if you add lots of people for friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like some additional encouragement and support! I only have 5 friends and I'm looking for more.